Got some pics of my little trip

guido4512

Donating Member
Registered
Ok- I missed an opportunity to meet fellow board members gmbusa and yamahor at the car show in Waynesboro on Saturday (sorry guys). But I had already promised my bro I would be at the lake to go fishing. I also promised my mom (in WVA), I would visit this weekend.
So, what better way to travel than the Busa? Here's some places I stopped at. The fishin' totally sucked, but the ride was excellent.
cool.gif

Heres the 1st rest stop........ Vito's in Lovingston........excellent Italian food.........mmmmmmmmmm.
If your ever on Rte. 29 in Nelson county, I highly reccomend.

And of course the pic is corrupted and won't load.......

<!--EDIT|guido4512
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149694671 -->

Dsc00432.jpg

great - nothing will load..............from that disk.
Ok I lost the whole disk of pics which was the trip to Smith Mtn lake and a few pics from fishin'.
Heres the end of the day......

<!--EDIT|guido4512
Reason for Edit: "$#@##@!!!!"|1148403664 -->

Dsc00434.jpg

The next morning I travelled to West va.
Heres a shot of the lake from a fishing spot on Rte 122...

Dsc00435.jpg

Ok - next stop was a place called Hardy Ford - on the north end of the lake. This was on a short cut to Roanoke on my way to W. Va.

Dsc00437.jpg

So ......... I took Hardy Ford road to Roanoke and got on Rte 220 north which will take me to Interstate 64 at Clifton Forge, VA.
Heres a rest stop at a lookout on rte 220 near Clifton Forge.
220 is sweet.

History of..............

Dsc00438.jpg

Ok up to I- 64 and over to W. Va. The speed limit is 170 on the interstate over there, heh, heh. I mean 70.
At White Sulpher Springs WVa , I got on Rte 60 and travelled thru Lewisburg and on to moms house.
Here's a neat old covered bridge built around 1854 not too far from there that's still in use...............

<!--EDIT|guido4512
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148405506 -->

Dsc00444.jpg

At moms. Here is her new Rottie catching a football. The dog is pretty cool - If you say " YOUR UNDER ARREST" the dog will stand up against the wall with her paws spread.....pretty funny.

Dsc00447.jpg

Ok I know your getting bored now.
The trip home.
Heres a cool bridge on Rte 60 on the way home outside Callaghan, Va.

Humpback bridge..........

<!--EDIT|guido4512
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148406131 -->

Dsc00450.jpg

All right - only a couple more............

Traveling east on 60 / I-64 to Lexington and then to Rte 11, the next rest stop was Sam Houstons birthplace, the famous Texas General. Theres alot of neat stuff on Rte 11 around here and its more interesting than travelling on I-81.
Oh yeah,
Rte 11 leads me to Rte 340 and.............Stuarts Draft the famous home of our very own Yamahor. No sign of em, tho.
sad.gif

Dsc00454.jpg

All right last one.........
Topping Afton Mtn I stopped at a pull off on I-64 to rest the cheeks. Only another 30 miles or so to home..............................

over
wink.gif

oh yeah - total trip miles .........478 yay!

<!--EDIT|guido4512
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148414442 -->

Dsc00455.jpg

Back