Got my butt draged 1

DirtyBird02

Registered
Omg, this is some embarring stuff,SO I am riding with some friends yesterday and we went to this kids house.He has a 06 gsxr 1000 with a shifter,arm,and full Ti-force system.I have and 02 busa withe 1500 miles on it I have a clutch mod,full brocks street meg system,air shifter. Well this kid is cocky as hell,he even said he wanted to race for my fiance."yeah what a bobo". He is about 220lbs Im a 170lbs. Not saying I m a pro but I can ride the hell out of a bike.and I know what that 06 1000 will do I had one, but this was my first time draging a busa,any way we went 3 times every time he BUSTED my ass! Now I have a stock tire he has a shinko! Be sides that I was wondering if it was the bike that was loseing or was it rider,or both? He made me feel like sh!t, knowing I sold the same bike he has to get a bike that just might be to "tired" to keep up with these new 1000's.
By the way he was -1 +2 I was -2 in front. I know the 2 down thing is bad,but hey I had it lying around.

Sorry for the long post just realy upset a bout this I put every extra dollar I have in my bike and to get beat by somthing I use to have realy Bubbles My ass.

At the fiance part there woulda been another kinda woopin,an azz woopin!Back on topic,rider skills acount for alot.

Too be honest it is hard to say without actually witnessing the race.

Also I am just jumping in here because no one else has yet. I dont have any drag racing experiance, and I dont have any personal experiance with an 06 1k, but I do have over 20 years riding experiance with the last 4 years being on a Busa.

So in other words just take what i say with a grain of salt

My gut tells me it was the rider. an 06 1k with a good rider should be able to pull off the line fairly well I would think. However it should also be more difficult to keep the front end down on the 1k than it would be on the Busa.

I would say rider for rider, off the line it should be close.

But at the higher speeds is when the Busa should pull away.

All the new litre bikes are nothing to sneeze at. most of the bikes coming out these days are so awesome that it usually comes down to rider.

Just like the war between the 14 and the Busa. both bikes have thier pros and cons and I think in the end what it really comes down to is the rider.

yeah, the 14 might be pushing a little more HP, but the Busa is way more aerodynamic, and at higher speeds, the better aerodynamics make up for lack of HP.

So just an example of how I think most races, stock for stock, the rider is the most important factor.

And while I have never Drag raced anyone, I do play around with launching and I have been told good launching technique is one of the most important issues when drag racing.

Ok, now wait for someome with more experiance to jump in
biggrin.gif

Stock for stock a gixxer thou should be faster than or right with a busa. If he was stretched with a Shinko and you weren't that would also be a huge advantage for the 1k. Did he just holeshot you or did he pull you on top as well?

Probably just rider skill and setup. You win some you lose some - and at least your bike is more comfortable than his.

43 rear and go after him again.DONT pull up beside an 07 unless you want to get embarrased though.
super.gif

Doesn't surprise me. The new generation 1000's are quick. I know, my own 1000 has beat my Busa on more than 1 occasion.

Yeah but, that's also a 50 lb weight difference in the riders in favor of the busa, should make up a lot of the weight difference between the two bikes.

I woulda thought the Busa should have taken him.
rock.gif

But what do I know, I hardly ever race or get to that is.

Real, real rough calculation from someone who's not a scientist:

Suzuki's website says the 1000's dry weight is 379 lbs; Busa's is 480 lbs. Sportrider Magazine states that stock Gixxer horsepower is about 150, and the Busa's is about 163.

Add your 170 lbs to the Busa's 480 lbs and get 650 lbs. Add his 220 lbs to the Gixxer's 379 lbs and get 599 lbs.

Divide 163 hp by 650 lbs and get .25 hp/pound for you and the Busa.
Divide 150 hp by 599 lbs and get .25 hp/pound for him and his Gixxer.

All else being "equal," maybe he was just quicker off the line ....

As a fomer owner of a Busa and a current 06 1K owner, I can testify that the Gixx is way more powerful @ mid to top end. The Busa will smoke the Gixx from a dig b/c of torque.

On the track (roadcourse), I've yet to see one Busa pass me yet. The new liters are no joke.

The Busa is a handful at stock WB and height when launching. If he had a Shinko and an arm, all he had to do was launch it right to win.

I had an 05 busa and traded it for an 06 gixxer 1000...
I compared the two of them and off the line I felt that the busa launched better, and accelerated faster at low rpms. If I was rolling at like 5-10mph in first, and opened the throttle all the way the bike would immediately shoot forward. On the Gixxer I can go full throttle and it takes a bit longer before I feel it start pulling as hard as the busa.

I would say that the busa should have been faster taking off than the gixxer, but if he had a better tire and a longer swing arm, then I would expect him to win.

That being said, I like the gixxer 1000 better than the busa. Stock vs stock drag racing, I think the better rider will win. I don't notice that much of a difference in acceleration/top speed between the two, but I do notice a much bigger difference in weight/handling than I thought I would have back when I had the busa.

If you want to drag race = busa
If you want to road race = gixxer

if you go for very long rides = busa
if you go for shorter rides (1-2 hours) = gixxer (assuming you are riding in twisties)

if you ride with a passanger = busa X 999999999 (I hate having a passenger on the gixxer... so much nicer on the busa! But then again, I didn't get a bike for taking people places... I got it to go "sport" riding on the weekends
beerchug.gif
)

(NoFearSpear @ Apr. 30 2007,15:22) At the fiance part there woulda been another kinda woopin,an azz woopin!Back on topic,rider skills acount for alot.
+1

Thanks for the replys.Yeah I figured It was 50% Rider and 50% bike,like I said I had both and those new 1ks are bad boys! I told him let me get a tire and some seat time,that was my first race since I had the Busa,As far as my fiance part! welllll I asked him to put his mom on the line,I told him some grey fox would do me good lol lol.U guys are the best till next time.
Grip it and Rip It
beerchug.gif

I'll be honest, the main reason i wnt with Busa over the Gixxer was it hurt my back to ride the gixxer for anything longer then an hour or so. I'm looking foward to riding 1 of the new K7. those are just lightning fast. I've been seeing Dyno numbers in the high 160s to mid 170s stock, or just pipe. where the busa ownes is comfort stability, and torque. IMHO. still glad i went with the Busa over the Gixxer i was going to buy, BUT bet your a$$ if i could afford to ad a 2nd bike it would be a new K7

Rider.

When my Busa was stock I raced a '06 1000 Gixxer with a PC and Arata pipe. Twice we raced a full mile from a dead stop. The first time he asked was I ready and I nodded "yes". He then said "GO" and we took off. At no point in the race was he next to me besides at the start line. I beat him BADLY. When he finally crossed the finish line he said he gave up after he saw the distance I put on him while he was still in 3rd gear.

For the second race I told him forget about saying go. I told him when I see him jump, I'll take off. We lined up with him having a wheel on me so that I can see him without having to turn my head. He hit it and so did I. Since he got the hit he obviously obtained a slight lead ... which didn't last very long. Half way through 2nd gear I was next to him. From 3rd on up it was no longer a race. That race ended pretty much the same as the first. With me WAAAY ahead of him.

He outweighs me by 70lbs. so its about the same as your scenario. I was just a far better rider than him.

One thing about the Busa we have over other bikes is longevity; the aftermarket has plenty of go fast goodies that will keep us in the game for many years to come
rant.gif

I saw a couple of guys go at it today after a long friendlyarguement about who's bike was faster, a gixxer 1000, and a busa, with full hindle, and a TRE, So it was off to 495 north, That kid on the gixxer 1000 got walked, 2 times. The second time the busa let off a little, and let him catch up to see if he could pull off from him again, and almost got him again. Was it a fair race, considering the guy on the busa has been riding a long time ? WHO CARES !!!!! I just love seeing the busa win !!!!

Hey young bucks, we should be real carefull with these guys that have been riding alot longer than us, because we'll most likely end up getting are buts handed to us like this cocky 26 year old did !!!

Just my $.02 here, but you said your Busa is an '02, with 1,500 miles? I'm assuming you aqquired it used? Engines tend to go sour with long hiatus + poor maintenance.

Unless you have a dyno chart stating otherwise, in which case it was the rider.
biggrin.gif

Back