Got my bike back today....

Rothman

"Professional Lurker"
Registered
After a year and several months of not having my busa because of a remote military tour to Korea, I finally got her back today. I thought nothing could ruin the day.... I was wrong. I noticed immediately when the crate was opened that they had the front ratcheted down very tight, I started to worry at that point. Once the movers pulled her out of the crate it was time for a thorough inspection. First place I went, the forks and guess what? Oil was all over the bottom inner left tube. Hooray!! Now I have to do about 2 months of paperwork to get the repair authorized and since I'm in Italy probably another month to actually get it repaired. If you've ever been to Italy, you know that the Italians are very relaxed and in no hurry to accomplish anything. FML:banghead:

After a year and several months of not having my busa because of a remote military tour to Korea, I finally got her back today. I thought nothing could ruin the day.... I was wrong. I noticed immediately when the crate was opened that they had the front ratcheted down very tight, I started to worry at that point. Once the movers pulled her out of the crate it was time for a thorough inspection. First place I went, the forks and guess what? Oil was all over the bottom inner left tube. Hooray!! Now I have to do about 2 months of paperwork to get the repair authorized and since I'm in Italy probably another month to actually get it repaired. If you've ever been to Italy, you know that the Italians are very relaxed and in no hurry to accomplish anything. FML:banghead:

Man sorry to hear this.

Perhaps you could just pick yourself up a used Ducati to tool around on!!:thumbsup: Until the BUSA is fixed.

Oh, and thank you for your service, Sir!:bowdown:

Back