Got my bike back today.

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
Last week Friday I put my bike in the shop to have an undercut tranny put in. Since they were gonna open her up, I asked them to give me a 16/42 setup as well. Well on Wednesday, they called me to tell me they didn't have any 42T in stock ... only 41T. I thought about it and told them to just give me the 16T and leave the rear alone.

Well today I went to pick it up and to my suprise, I got a free dyno run. The tech told me he just wanted to bang through the gears to make sure it wouldn't jump out.

Now I know dyno runs are mainly good for before and after type situations to see how much gains a mod has given you. Well without a "before" dyno to show my stock numbers, I'm not sure how accurate these numbers are now that I have a full exhaust installed. Anyways, here's the chart.

Mods are Brock Hindle with Warm Weather map, PC, the 16T sprocket, and a switchable TRE which was on.

MPH seems to be around 181mph:
ExhaustMPH.jpg

That wasn't a suprise as a chart I recently viewed had it at about that. THIS though was indeed a suprise:
ExhaustHP.jpg

169.40HP ... I wish it displayed the torque numbers as well, but again it was free. I guess I got what I paid for.  
smile.gif

Hey NIGHT CRAWLER,

How do you like the switchable TRE ? Gi-Pro ?
Did it "smooth things out" in the lower gears ?

Thanks PD.
smile.gif

I'm gonna ride today Kenny. I installed my speedohealer and would like to do the calibration ASAP. I figured I can get a speedo reading of 100mph and check my GPS's top speed figure to see what my actual top speed was. That'll be the easiest way to figure out my percentage. If my speedo says 100 but my GPS says 95, I'll know I'm 5% off.
wink.gif
I didn't ride too much on the highway when I picked it up, mostly low roads with plenty of traffic lights. What I can say so far is that the take-offs seemed much more effortless.

As for the TRE, click the link:
CLICK ME!!!
You can click on the picture to the right to enlarge it.

I have been using this TRE for well over a year and yes, it did smooth things out. I borrowed a friends throttlemeister and "locked" my speed at about 40mph and began switching it off and on. I could feel the bike bog and pull respectively. I also rode around the block and asked him to switch it on and off at random. 10 out of 10 times I could tell when he switched it on/off and when he left it alone.

Again, I have been using it for well over a year and love it. Others here have purchased a TRE from them and were highly disappointed. The thing is, the complaints I've heard about were directed towards their smart TRE, not the switchable one.

Back