Got leaned on by a zx14 saturday........

SKILLZ

Registered
I raced my first 14 at the track on Saturday and it wasnt pretty.

He had a full muzzy system, pc3, lowered, dropped sprockets.

Man those things run some mph in the 1/8. He went 118mph to my 112, and 145 in the 1/4 to my 139. We had the same 60' 1.71 and he ran a 9.71 to my 10.06.

I am still stock geared so I am hoping that will help me when I drop the front one. I also need to get mine on the dyno and tune it.

Strap yours down,42-43 rear,Tsugiki full exhaust,PC3 USB and you'll be right with him with some practice.:;):

Tell you what,leave it like it is an put Johnnie Locklear on it,can you say arse spanked?
wink.gif

Well I do have a PC3(I havent had it on the dyno), and mine was strapped in the front but not lowered in the rear . I weigh around 175 with gear and I am sure he was around the same.

Well this Sat we were at Pine Valley Raceway in Diboll, TX. It is about 2hrs north of Houston on 59. It is a nice 1/4 mi strip.

Id love to get a piece of him, but I guess its not fair to pick on a fairly stock 13.5 like that now is it?

In your sig line you indicate the slip ons they gotta go also the tre is robbing you of at least 2/10th's...You need to regear at least 16/42 and lower the rear...Just regearing and taking that damn tre off should be good for 1/2 sec...

Yes I do have slip ons. Why would you say the tre is robbing me of 2/10's, I am just wondering?? I would think that the TRE would help being that the bike is seeing full timing down low. I am launching at 45-5k. I have a 16t front sprocket that I havent put on yet. My bike needs tuned in a bad way also.

Yes I do have slip ons. Why would you say the tre is robbing me of 2/10's, I am just wondering?? I would think that the TRE would help being that the bike is seeing full timing down low. I am launching at 45-5k. I have a 16t front sprocket that I havent put on yet.  My bike needs tuned in a bad way also.
The tre makes the bike run rich in the lower gears they may be great for street driveability but they suck for track applications...A tre will help in top speed runs but they are adverse for quick speed runs...Take it off and make some passes you will see...

the tre makes the bike think that its in 5 gear so it gives it extra fuel.  and if you put the 16t be careful, i wants to wheelie if your not very good with the clutch yet.  gl

btw, ive beat 2 zx-14's so far

<!--EDIT|crew illogic
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155683483 -->

I will definitely try the tre next time. Removing it that is. I will make a couple of passes and then take it off and see what the difference is.

Man those things run some mph in the 1/8. He went 118mph to my 112, and 145 in the 1/4 to my 139.  We had the same 60' 1.71 and he ran a 9.71 to my 10.06.

I am still stock geared so I am hoping that will help me when I drop the front one. I also need to get mine on the dyno and tune it.
Those ZX-14 boys think they got something. I raced on couple weeks ago at the superbike showdown in budds creek, md and he just knew he had something. He called his bike the busa killer. I just laughed at him and stated we'll find out how much of a killer it is. He asked me what I run and I told him 9.70's. He was like we'll have a good run. When we staged, not only did I catch a good bulb on him but I but a 1.46 60 ft with a 6.03 1/8 mile and finished him off with a 9.39 1/4mile...oh by the way he ran a 9.83!!!!!! THE BUSA'S STILL RUN ####!!!!!!

Man those things run some mph in the 1/8. He went 118mph to my 112, and 145 in the 1/4 to my 139.  We had the same 60' 1.71 and he ran a 9.71 to my 10.06.

Those ZX-14 boys think they got something.  I raced on couple weeks ago at the superbike showdown in budds creek, md and he just knew he had something.  He called his bike the busa killer.  I just laughed at him and stated we'll find out how much of a killer it is. He asked me what I run and I told him 9.70's.  He was like we'll have a good run.  When we staged, not only did I catch a good bulb on him but I but a 1.46 60 ft with a 6.03 1/8 mile and finished him off with a 9.39 1/4mile...oh by the way he ran a 9.83!!!!!!  THE BUSA'S STILL RUN ####!!!!!!
thats a great pass. btw, time to update your best pass in your sig.

Man those things run some mph in the 1/8. He went 118mph to my 112, and 145 in the 1/4 to my 139. We had the same 60' 1.71 and he ran a 9.71 to my 10.06.

Those ZX-14 boys think they got something. I raced on couple weeks ago at the superbike showdown in budds creek, md and he just knew he had something. He called his bike the busa killer. I just laughed at him and stated we'll find out how much of a killer it is. He asked me what I run and I told him 9.70's. He was like we'll have a good run. When we staged, not only did I catch a good bulb on him but I but a 1.46 60 ft with a 6.03 1/8 mile and finished him off with a 9.39 1/4mile...oh by the way he ran a 9.83!!!!!! THE BUSA'S STILL RUN ####!!!!!!
Great Kill! Hate it when that happens.
wow.gif

Those ZX-14 boys think they got something.  I raced on couple weeks ago at the superbike showdown in budds creek, md and he just knew he had something.  He called his bike the busa killer.  I just laughed at him and stated we'll find out how much of a killer it is. He asked me what I run and I told him 9.70's.  He was like we'll have a good run.  When we staged, not only did I catch a good bulb on him but I but a 1.46 60 ft with a 6.03 1/8 mile and finished him off with a 9.39 1/4mile...oh by the way he ran a 9.83!!!!!!  THE BUSA'S STILL RUN ####!!!!!!
What exhuast are you running? Sprockets? RPM ur leaving at?

Back