Got a new camera

300Busa

Chillaxin...
Donating Member
Registered
I have been wanting a D-SLR camera for awhile and I finally broke down and bought one tonight. Now I just have to figure out how to use it :banghead: It is a Nikon D60 10.2 mega pixels.

DSC_0005.jpg

so where is the picture of the camera... :laugh: what lens do you have? you know they are an addiction all their own... gotta have this one for macro, this for landscape, and of course that killer telephoto :)

you can rent lenses too at a lot of shops.. great way to find ones you like..

???
Nikon 10.2MP Digital SLR Camera
18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor VR lens
Rechargeable Li-ion battery and charger
USB Cable
Camera strap, body cap, eyepiece cap, rubber eyecup and accessory shoe cap
Owner's manual
Product Features
10.2-megapixel DX-format RGB CCD
Captures high-resolution images up to 3872 x 2592 pixels with exceptional clarity and tonal range. Self-cleaning sensor unit and dust reduction system with airflow control.
18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor VR lens
F-Bayonet mount is compatible with all Nikkor AF-S and AF-I lenses and supports some functions of type G or D AF, type D PC and AI-P Nikkor lenses (additional lenses not included).
2.5" TFT-LCD monitor
With 230K pixels and brightness adjustment. Optical single-lens reflex viewfinder for easy use.
Nikon EXPEED 12-bit image processing
For fast, accurate image processing and recording.
Burst shooting mode
Shoots at approximately 3 fps so you can capture the fast-paced action of sporting events or kids playing.
High ISO sensitivity
Up to ISO 3200 for crystal-clear color photo captures in low-light conditions. Optical image stabilization (with included lens) reduces camera shake and vibration distortion for enhanced image clarity.
TTL phase-detection autofocus
Keeps all your images crisp and detailed.
8 scene modes
Include auto, auto flash-off, portrait, landscape, child, sports, close up and night portrait. Program auto, shutter- and aperture-priority and manual exposure modes for clear, well-lit images.
8 manual white balance modes
With fine-tuning to achieve natural tones under different lighting conditions.
Built-in flash
With auto fill flash, front curtain sync, slow sync, rear-curtain sync and red-eye reduction. ISO hot-shoe contact is compatible with Nikon Creative Lighting System for external flash (not included).
Color modes
Include normal, vivid, more vivid, softer and black and white. 6 special effects filters include red, green, blue intensifiers, cross screen (star), skylight and warm for creative image enhancement.
Movie mode
With stop-motion movie recording function.
Media slot
Supports Secure Digital and Secure Digital High Capacity cards (not included)
>> Store more photos! Find compatible memory cards in our Memory Center!
Text input feature
Accommodates up to 36 alphanumeric characters. Input available using LCD monitor and multiselector and stored in Exif header.
USB 2.0 interface and A/V outputs
Direct-print capability with any PictBridge-enabled printer (not included) so you can connect your camera to a compatible printer and print photos without using your PC.

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

Nice camera. I bought myself the D90 to learn the hobby. I love taking pictures, and I've got at least 3 point and clicks varying from 2MP to 10.1MP. Nikons are awesome and I plan on being a pretty loyal customer with such a great product to learn with.

Wish I not only had a nice camera but knew how to make it do all the cool things it would be capable of. I love photography, but never have spent the time to really learn about it and get involved with it. I do wish I had a nice camera though.

Dude theres something definatly wrong with that Camera, it makes you look like a cute little girl. :laugh:

Step 1: get it out of auto mode and into manual mode
Step 2: purchase or borrow the book "Understanding Exposure" by Brian Petersen

Cute kid.

You made the right choice by buying a Nikon.. The owner's manual should be very thorough for you to get started. Also, you may have received the Nikon guide to digital photography in the kit you bought. Pic up a copy of shutterbug magazine and take a good look at it. Maybe you'll want to purchase a subscription. Also, there is always nikonians.org to pic people's brains.

Well I went out today to get some pics, here is a very small sample of what I took. I really need to learn more about this camera! :beerchug:

7.jpg

8s.jpg

9.jpg

12.jpg

10.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

DSC_0163.jpg

DSC_0167.jpg

Nice shots.. Do I see a Busa photo shoot this spring? Wife is wanting to do a Harrah's ride, Maybe meet up there. :whistle:

Back