GOOD NEWS for the dragon (may be repost)

dolilind

Registered
I was just checking out Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap and Cherohala Skyway, Graham Co, NC and seen that they are finally doing something for safety on the dragon. It would have been nice when i had to bail last spring. TN DOT is adding Berms onto the turns to keep people from going over the edge :cheerleader:. Its about time, that is the one thing thats scared the crap out of me was pushing a turn and knowing a few feet away was a major drop off. YAH TN DOT

I saw the berms.... frankly it looks more like a ski jump to me...

yeah its a repost, but still a good reminder. I dont think they have come up with the best solution they could have. Of course, a guard rail wouldnt be a whole lot better, but the berm is just gonna get you more airborne when you go off the road. I can see VERY few instances where it's going to help someone.

maybe some of them inflatable gaurds like the has on road race courses could be good, but little expensive

Instead of going down into the ditch, some one will be hanging from the trees!

Like this?

100_6797.jpg

I guess better to know what they are doing! Damn......doing the superaman is not what I have in mind!

I mentioned that to the flag guy, he agreed. "Just doin what we are told sir"!

LOL if they really wanted to protect bikers they would have done something safer, like put up a razor wire fence.

I have seen a biker go into one of those narrow drainage ditches too! We had to pull out one woman and her Harley out of a four foot deep ditch; she crossed the road right in front of me.:alcoholic: This was her second time in the ditch!

That dirt embankment is far more forgiving than guardrail. Those trees are not easily moved with your Arai either. I think they have a good idea. I've never been there but from all the video and photos I've seen it looks like a really easy place to get into serious trouble?

That dirt embankment is far more forgiving than guardrail. Those trees are not easily moved with your Arai either. I think they have a good idea. I've never been there but from all the video and photos I've seen it looks like a really easy place to get into serious trouble?
True however instead of landing in the trees, you will land on top of them. :whistle:

It would be safer if they would not let any transfer truck drivers on the road. Check out this out
- Ban 18-Wheelers On The Dragon at Deals Gap, NC.[/url] .
- Ban 18-Wheelers On The Dragon at Deals Gap, NC.[/url]
???

Last edited by a moderator:
Back