Gonna be a sad Christmas this year...

i would relocate if i could but because im contracted to the state of Pennsylvania Army National Guard it makes a tad bit difficult cuz they have strong policies on transfers... update the bike leaves me saturday afternoon :'(

Sounds to me like the worst thing you could do is waste your money on getting drunk, Soldier. Stick to the basics, stay out of trouble, control your spending, keep looking for work and don't give up. Now is not the time to lose control of yourself.

The PAARNG will allow a transfer for a JOB relocation, as long as you give them a unit to transfer to. The TNARNG just held a job fair this week in Nashville...There are a lot of employers looking for people with miltary background/experience/work ethic/self-discipline..

SMYRNA, Tenn. (AP) - Forty-five companies will participate in a job fair Thursday in Smyrna, Tenn., for National Guard members, reservists, spouses and all veterans.
A spokesman said the companies have job openings and are eager to speak to those with a military background.
Companies include Home Depot, Verizon Wireless, the Secret Service, CSX Transportation, HCA/Tri-Star$, General, the Tennessee Valley Authority, Charter Communications and others.
The job fair is at the National Guard's Regional Training Institute from 1 to 4 p.m

How much you need to pay to keep? Please let me know via pm. I might be able to help.

hang in there....keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars...it will turn around for you sooner than you think. :thumbsup:
i've been there...
:santa: Have a Merry Christmas.

Hang in there. Be thankful you still have a roof and food in the pantry. All the rest is small stuff and you WILL make it through if you keep looking. There is NO job, NO security, NO peace of mind at the bottom of a bottle!!! (((hugs))) and prayers for you and your family.

skydivr thanks for the heads up i got drill sunday ill talk to the readiness NCO and see if his head is out of his ass yet hes not a fan of helping people it took em 8 months to get my promotion when i was supposed to have it 2 days after i was told because he didnt wanna process the paperwork. but as far as the drinkin goes i dont have to buy a thing thats why i have friends :laugh: i was already told everythings covered but i wont be gettin too roudy got job huntin to do so but to everyone else thanks for the messages and what not happy holidays to you and your families

Bubba, do you owe the ARNG bonus money? If so, you may have to pay some of it back. The ARNG is entitled to it's money's worth. They might let you go to the USAR though. That's the different between the State Militia and the FEDERAL Militia. Be respectful, but persistent. Work your way up the chain of command. Talk to the Chaplain who has the direct ear of the Commander as he is special staff.

From personal experience: If I had a soldier in my command who had to move in order to find a job, it was my duty to help him transfer to another unit (or even the IRR although I didn't like it) as I knew the USAR was NOT the soldier's sole and greatest source of income. However, I did want those who were getting a bonus to follow thru with their committment. If a soldier didn't want to be there, I didn't want him there as it soured the pot. Was better to help him find a way to continue to serve, whether in one of my unit's or elsewhere.

yea i hear ya divr, gonna do what i can i plan to continue my commitment i have no thoughts of leaving im just tired of the run around. its like talkin to a brick wall. As far as the chaplain goes i am in direct contact with him constantly as a result of one of the many things i have had goin on so i have been persuing that matter as well as i can with out disrupting my COC.

on another note ITS GONE!! :''((( :( my living room feels empty i know its just a bike and i can always find another but as im sure many of you know you create a bond with your bike. its a source of freedom and it broke my heart seeing it loaded up into the trailer and drive away. and ironicly the people who sponsored the HIH 2011 ride (Northcoast Powersports) they were the ones her took her and i didnt realize till after i was wearing the shirt i got of theirs from HIH. strange.

Dude, if you can call CSX and put in an application DO IT! They are a great company to work for and railroads are rocking. They are the best way to transfer goods around the country. Call CSX!!!

Sorry to hear things are on the downside for you. Things will get better. Haven't been at rock bottom (thought it felt like it at the time) and know that happy times will come again.

Dude it's easy to say hang in there, keep your chin up and all that when you're not standing in the other mans shoes, but there will be better days and believe it or not we all have had our good and bad, and some our really can't get worse. Best of luck to you in 2012.

Back