Going to purchase the UFO

HMan

Registered
I plan to purchase the UFO undertail for my Busa next month. Before I do so though, what am I looking at in the install?

I've searched the forum but can't really find some of the answers I'm looking for.

Does it come with LED's to replace the signals and the tail lights? My tail lights blow out about every 2,000 miles. LED's would be nice for this. If it does, are they bright enough to work?

How long an install is this approximatly? Any special tools needed and what exactly is involved with the transplant?

Have the hardware to mount the plate? I was looking on the site and didn't see any bracketry.

Lastly, how does the paint hold up on the bottom side? Seems it would take quite a beating.

Oh, overall, are you happy with the mod and was it worth it in your opinion?

Just got mine a couple weeks ago.Mine came with the LED's they are plenty bright.The turn signals are not LED's just the running and brake lights.The turn signals plug into your factory plug and the brake/running lights the socket's just twist lock like the stock mount.You use the factory socket's no re-wiring just twist them out of the old tail light and twist them in the ufo.About an hour to mount main tool needed is a dremel tool.There is a great link in he mod's section of this board really great instructions and clear picture's.Mine didn't come with any instructions from the factory at all.As far as how durable the paint is only got about a hundred miles on mine so can't really help ya there.You can always get a rear hugger.Hope this helped good luck you will love it.And yes mine came with a tag mount but no tag light.Get a led tag light just wire it in where the old tag light was.

keith.:D

<!--EDIT|kflagg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092999594 -->

Don't have a UFO undertail, but have a TG undertail which is very similar. The time it takes to install the undertail depends on how nit picky you are. It took me about 4-1/2 hours which includes the removal of the tail section, marking of the section to cut, the actual cutting, numerous fittings to ensure proper fit, connecting the wire/lighting and reinstallation of the undertail and tail section. The only tool I used was a Dremel to do all of my cutting and an allen wrench for removal of the tail section. How long the undertail lasts depends on the preparation and paint job. I have a hugger on my bike to help protect the undertail. Only bracketry necessary is for the license plate. Believe it comes with a carbon fiber mount for the plate, but there are other options for those that don't want to mess up the look of the undertail. You can do a search for undertails in general that will help. Good luck!

Thanks guys. I've looked for the thread with instructions and pictures of the install but can't seem to find it.

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to handle the install.

HMAN... CHECK THIS LINK . IT IS FOR A TOP GUN BUT ALL THE SAME... JOSE

HOPE THIS HELPS.

Please buy your UFO from Custom Sportbike Concepts. They will give you a discount for being a member here, and top notch service. The actual manufacturer of the UFO are total poop heads, so without CSC looking out for you, there is no telling what you will get or how soon you will get it.

Please buy your UFO from Custom Sportbike Concepts. They will give you a discount for being a member here, and top notch service. The actual manufacturer of the UFO are total poop heads, so without CSC looking out for you, there is no telling what you will get or how soon you will get it.
I've contacted them already. They will be who I buy from. I'm seeing $249. Is there a different price I should expect?

You get a 10% discount for being a board member. Nandro is a rep for them on the board, so you can PM or e-mail him if you want.

Back