Going to be the BEST MOVIE EVER

No comparison whatsoever. NBK was a movie that glorified the mass murder of innocent people, and was in no way a comedy. "God Bless America" is nothing like that.

I said it REMINDS me of it...where did I say they're one in the same? :poke:

Is it not a sad statement on us when random murder becomes humorous entertainment?

A year from now it will be on cable and kids will also laugh at it.
And then we wonder why 'Harry smith' in tenth grade snaps and kills twenty at McDonalds.

Is it not a sad statement on us when random murder becomes humorous entertainment?

A year from now it will be on cable and kids will also laugh at it.
And then we wonder why 'Harry smith' in tenth grade snaps and kills twenty at McDonalds.

It is not really random murder. It is all the idiots who you get frustrated and wish you could shoot at times that get murdered :laugh:

Same thing though. Shooting a bunch of people.
What ever happened to Raiders of The Lost Ark?
Good clean adventure movies and such?

Yeah, there's a difference :whistle:

Saiid is good cop, we're bad :laugh:

Hey when I was single I saw Red Dawn and bought a bunch of guns hoping to see parachutes.
Now as a father I see things differently. Worry about what influences my kids.

I mean do I think it is an appropriate movie? eh not really... but am I going to watch it and enjoy it? Very much yes :thumbsup:

Watch and enjoy because it satiates your inner desire to blow a bunch of people away?
So you sit around and fantasize about killing people eh Mr Russ? :)
Your a baaaad baaad boy!

That is why it is rated for mature audiences which are those that are supposed to be able to tell the difference between a movie and real life.

That is why it is rated for mature audiences which are those that are supposed to be able to tell the difference between a movie and real life.

Age is no reflection upon maturity.
I'll probably wind up watching it late one night on cable but I just think its a sad statement of ourselves when these are the only kind of movies we make now. Violent movies are all too normal now.

Hey when I was single I saw Red Dawn and bought a bunch of guns hoping to see parachutes.
Now as a father I see things differently. Worry about what influences my kids.

I agree, once kids come along, you view things a bit differently. All we can do as parents is EDUCATE our kids about what's right, and what's wrong. You will never shield them from everything. You can control whether or not they see this movie, or any other movie, but you can't stop what they learn on a school bus or in the cafeteria at school. My kids are sometimes exposed to things I wish I hadn't allowed them to see (I'm learning that PG films when I was a kid used the "f" word and would not be PG nowadays), so when they do hear or see something I wish they hadn't, I take the time to explain to them what was wrong, apologize for it, whatever. I don't pretend they're safe in a bubble; I assume they know way more than I care to admit, but I still work to lay a foundation of what's acceptable, what's not real life, etc...

Back