Going back Sport tour

Well, you went as far as you could go with RJ short of turboing it so maybe the H2 SX is the next evolution for you...

You can then work your weight saving magic on it as it is not a light weight either....the only downside of this new is we here on the forum will lose out on your guidance and wisdom of the Hayabusa platform....

I personally would like to see you let loose on a gen 3 Hayabusa and see your magic work there but I digress....

at 3:12
"But to lifelong fans of big capacity bikes, the boosted formula [H2 SX] might not light the same fire inside."

I think in stock form, the H2 can't be all that, it's no faster than NA 1k's(but is alot heavier).
But, with a flash and more fuel in the H2...the gen3 doesn't stand a chance.
And even after a gen3 can be flashed...no way it has H2 sc power hiding in it.

@Hayabusa Wannabe
Do you have a bike right now?
If so, what is it?

I have a Hayabusa and a VFR. I also am not a tyrant but a freedom fighter and I refuse to dictate that all other peoples must have the same bikes as I. And shall any critics of this man yell and scream, I shall yell louder in defense of those who dare to choose a different path. YAY AMERICA!

On an unrelated side note: Glossy emerald green is stunning, I don't care who you are.

That supercharged motor of the H2 and H2 SX , make excellent power , especially unleashed , as has already been mentioned . I am sure c10 will have fun owning such a machine , and be able to use it to good effect . That Fortnine video of the SX is very entertaining ,( this is the vid that I discovered this excellent motorcycle journo ) .
@Tony Nitrous is one owner that comes to mind , and hearing his take on long term ownership might be good also .
I like both of the supercharged Kawasaki offerings , more so than their new naked offering , but Brocks is onto that variant as well , so more crazy power + cyclone wind blast....
The SX is already potent out of the box , it is a very fast , capable long distance machine and adept all round sports machine . Already ,maybe the best production bike for this role , then factor in the huge HP gains to be had once unlocked , certainly , another top tier streetbike from Kawasaki .

@Hayabusa Wannabe
Do you have a bike right now?
If so, what is it?

@c10
What do you mean "local hayabusa support is gone"?
It's not like you need a mechanic.

and what does an H2SX sell for; $23k-$25k, or less??
No local tunning or ECU work . Pretty sure Rob has left the building .

Bill the Gen 3 needs to much out of box , and i'm done building . Its all about the riding these days . The Tiger I've only done services and almost no mods beside seat . If it had 30 more hp , and didnt get so squarely at anything past 120 mph it would be great .
Riding the Katana last weekend really reminded me of RJ with low weight / power .

I've had the chance to see a H2 SXE in person / sit on . Easier to service than a ZX14R / Single sided arm , and center stand are attractive for distance riding / service .

No local tunning or ECU work . Pretty sure Rob has left the building .

Bill the Gen 3 needs to much out of box , and i'm done building . Its all about the riding these days . The Tiger I've only done services and almost no mods beside seat . If it had 30 more hp , and didnt get so squarely at anything past 120 mph it would be great .
Riding the Katana last weekend really reminded me of RJ with low weight / power .

I've had the chance to see a H2 SXE in person / sit on . Easier to service than a ZX14R / Single sided arm , and center stand are attractive for distance riding / service .
I hear you with that....building is a lot of effort....the SXSE even comes with bags so that part is already done so it makes sense.

The SXSE is Hayabusa weight but with a tune and pipe can make good power if that's something you want.

One of the reasons I'm waiting to go look a the GSX-S1000GT. Got everything already i want. Just get on and go and looks the biz for 2up
I'm watching that bike too but there is a wee buzz in the K5 engine on the Katana so I hope the GT1000 is geared for less buzz .

Like I said though earlier center stand / swing arm is cool / RJ power after flash is best .
I wouldn't bother cutting weight here .
RJ was a great project.

I'm watching that bike too but there is a wee buzz in the K5 engine on the Katana so I hope the GT1000 is geared for less buzz .

Like I said though earlier center stand / swing arm is cool / RJ power after flash is best .
I wouldn't bother cutting weight here .
RJ was a great project.
Big E may be selling his H2 SXse plus, with a bunch of goodies on it!

Although the Gen-3 and the H2 SX SE are seen as rivals and the two Jap bikes in the serious Sports Tourer Class they are quite different.

The Busa, (any Busa) has THAT engine. The big bore, the grunt, the unmatched “go faster” options. It’s a proven product, a legend.

The H2 SX SE is a bit different, it’s not even Kawasaki’s flagship horsepower road bike, the Sports H2 takes that crown. Don’t confuse the H2 and H2-SX, the SX and the Z-H2 run high comp motors and low boost, the H2 lower comp, higher boost, this is partly what gives the SX its very good road manners and makes it user friendly. What the SX is, is a very well equipped Sports Tourer. Everyone seems to get hooked on straight line speed, dyno numbers etc, that’s not Sports Touring.

The SX will certainly pick its feet up and go, more than anyone touring will probably need, seeing 54 degree lean with total stability before the centre stand an cat drag, the “chirp” from the supercharger as you go up the gears. It’s no slouch.

To me, stuff that separates the two, is like the centre stand, the ignition key operated frameless luggage, factory braided lines, cornering lights, the single sided arm with its nice chain adjustment, the 4 into 1 pipe, the TFT dash with a host of display options, the fact it’s a fuel thirsty missile when used hard but still gets 235 miles from a 19ltr tank when cruising in top at legal speeds, Stuff like this makes for a nice Sports Tourer, the Gen-3 lacks a lot of this, but gets…. hill start !

Im a huge Suzuki fan, I’d be very surprised if my next bike isn’t a Suzuki, I do like the Gen-3, but to me (personal opinion) the Busa is still a bloody good bike, it will suit a lot of folk, but it’s not a Sports Tourer Class Leader.

You’re not going to be seeing any 300hp SX’s or see them dominating Busa’s at the drags, you will see SX owners with a very well equiped bike enjoying the bike for what it is and what it has.

A stock SX isn’t perfect.
*The S21 tyres are average (factory tyres are rarely the same as aftermarket). Fit S22’s, run 42-42 psi, get the suspension professionally set and it’s much better.
*Kawasaki don’t give you a spanner to adjust the chain or offer an option. Annoying but there’s some nice C-spanners on EBay and a 10mm Allen key socket, not expensive but really should have been in the tool kit.
* Not every Kawasaki dealer is H2 trained. There’s a few things like Supercharger end float and the hard to get to oil screen, and the ECU recall flash my local Kawasaki dealer won’t touch.

The H2 SX SE is not perfect, and the Busa has some advantages, but I’m happy with mine.

CF4F528B-38AD-4DD0-B7AA-2722492DE10F.jpeg

BFA419D5-35AE-4F0D-BBB7-4F92EF3DF587.jpeg

Back