Go-Pro 4

Do you have a screen on your camera now? If not - what's the difference?

The screen, like I said would/could be used for framing - turn it off - then add an extra battery if you really need it.

I see your point and because you have a 3 silver it may not be as big a deal to you as it would be to someone like me that
has the original HD version - there is a huge difference in specs.

I'm pretty sure that I paid $299 for my HD back in 2011.
So $399 for the 4 silver doesn't seem to bad considering the differences between them.

Now if you only have a 1080 TV is there any way you would see a difference of something recorded in 4K?
I could certainly see a Movie Studio having use for one, as there are many times that kind of view and quality is needed in movies today.

I'll wait till reviews come in before I pull that trigger. :laugh:

So is the silver coming with a screen backpack? I thought it wasn't a backpack, but built in...

I see what you mean by framing. If I had to guess how it looked it would drive me nuts, but with the hero 3 I just use the live view in the phone ap.

> Now if you only have a 1080 TV is there any way you would see a difference of something recorded in 4K?

Yes, content recorded at a higher resolution then resized will still look better than content natively recorded at that resolution. That's why we don't buy DSLR cameras with 1920x1080, and instead have them at 6000x resolution. No one expects users to have a 18MP monitor.

The issue is, what are you doing with it? What is the video going to be used for? Will the 4K help you over the old 3 unit that did 2.7K perfectly fine? Do you even use 2.7k in your Black 3?

Here's a pic originally off the 2.7k on my GP3B.

Here's a better one.

XE1tfoN.jpg

Back