GI pro w/ATRE

4wd

Registered
Just rec'd my GIpro from calsportbike.com yesterday, and installed it yesterday evening. Took about 30 min and a longer zip wire tie than supplied, but functioned normally the first time I turned the key. Took a little night ride afterwards, and it worked flawlessly showing all the gears, neutral, and even dimmed a bit for the night riding. I mounted it with the sticky tape on the center handle bar mounting bracket, zip tying the control wire up and away from any interference or contact with the forks. Also, sip tied the wiring harness to the main harness along the frame. I hope it continues to work flawlessly for a long long time. I left the ATRE setting at '-' as motor performance and top speeds are not a concern.

I phoned ordered it from calsports.com. They UPS it out the same day. Kind a pricey at $149.00 + $10.00 shipping, but if it is trouble free and lasts the life of the bike, then should be OK.

Suzuki_Hayabusa_017.jpg

I would recommend using double-sided tap and get rid of the zip tie, reroute to the dash so you don't have to worry about tension or flex on the cable...otherwise, looks great!

Yeah, I thought about that but I didn't want to stick it to the tach face, and sticking it anywhere else on the dash would obscure something like the clock, or odometer, so I stuck it on the fork bracket. It is flexible strand wire in the harness, so as long as the bending isn't severe and constantly cycling, wire fatigue won't be an issue.

You're correct, that big ugly black zip tie I used around the fork mounting bracket is a bit tacky, but that is better than bailing wire isn't it?? (remember, I am a farmer and we love bailing wire and duct tape)
smile.gif

Route the wire behind the gauges and put it on top of the cluster like this....

GiPro_002__Medium_.jpg

Dude!! Loving the guage faces.. did u have to calibrate afterwards?? how hard was it to put them on? Did you have to do anything to get the blue backlight?

(Shaft @ Aug. 01 2007,07:24) Dude!! Loving the guage faces.. did u have to calibrate afterwards?? how hard was it to put them on?  Did you have to do anything to get the blue backlight?
Work done by BlueGauges.

Back