Ghost rider is back

Been there, done that...a time or 10.
About 15-20 years ago I mellowed a little, and realized that I really was a danger to others, so anymore we just roll on open empty roads(several good ones here).
But, me and a friend, and sometimes 6-8 of us, all Busas and 1k's, would run 150-185mph(speedo) for miles, usually 4-5 at a time.
The most by myself was around 20 miles, and I never dropped below 150, that really burnt some gas too, lmao, I was expecting the fuzz to roll in while I was at the pump.
I will say though, there is Nothing like riding the ragged edge for several minutes at a time, especially with other bikes.
Just letting off the throttle, with the wind and engine braking, slows you down quick enough to really put into perspective just how fast you were going.
Considering the traffic ahead is basically coming at you at over 100mph.
It is thrill like nothing else.
A friend hit his brakes once at around 170 and swerved for something in the road...which caused me to have to pass him on the left shoulder, left of the painted line, literally 2 inches from a small drop into the gravel...that'll really get your heart racing.
Some days I miss being invincible. :D

Been there, done that...a time or 10.
About 15-20 years ago I mellowed a little, and realized that I really was a danger to others, so anymore we just roll on open empty roads(several good ones here).
But, me and a friend, and sometimes 6-8 of us, all Busas and 1k's, would run 150-185mph(speedo) for miles, usually 4-5 at a time.
The most by myself was around 20 miles, and I never dropped below 150, that really burnt some gas too, lmao, I was expecting the fuzz to roll in while I was at the pump.
I will say though, there is Nothing like riding the ragged edge for several minutes at a time, especially with other bikes.
Just letting off the throttle, with the wind and engine braking, slows you down quick enough to really put into perspective just how fast you were going.
Considering the traffic ahead is basically coming at you at over 100mph.
It is thrill like nothing else.
A friend hit his brakes once at around 170 and swerved for something in the road...which caused me to have to pass him on the left shoulder, left of the painted line, literally 2 inches from a small drop into the gravel...that'll really get your heart racing.
Some days I miss being invincible. :D
That's why the race track is the best place for this sort of riding. I remember after a race, getting on the bike to do a slow lap afterwards it felt like I could walk faster even though I was going pretty fast still.

Videos like the one in this thread are the real reason most 4 wheeled vehicle drivers and insurance companies hate motorcycles...if I was driving in one of those vehicles, I'd be less than impressed the guy going by like an idiot.

Different strokes For some folks , I think we all have the speed inside us ,
some have control to ride we’re it is safe to do so and some don’t. When in Arizona I could ride many miles at high speed and very few cars in sight.we rode in small groups and some in large . I prefer to ride with riders I have known for some time before I get comfortable. Just saying . I can still close my eyes and
remember every point f reference of the MT Lemon road . Tucson Az

Finally someone to ride with again .

925622C1-7E66-4D57-A9AB-B9F121F11702.jpeg

i think he needs some more cash to keep the bills paid
Looks that way. Selling both bikes and gear.
All it would take is one driver leaning over to change the radio station or whatever, veers slightly and one dead motorcyclist is the result.
It has to be said though, safer in Europe than the US. European drivers are at least aware that there are other people in the world. US drivers largely devoid of such awareness.
Different strokes For some folks , I think we all have the speed inside us ,
some have control to ride we’re it is safe to do so and some don’t.
Natural Born thrill seeker
Love that quote. Seems like a good Hayabusa.org motto...
Hard to say if this is the actual "Ghost Rider" as anyone can say they are.
If the guy needs cash, he should work on his own brand. Like the Stig, or the dread pirate Roberts. Could be anyone under the helmet.

Back