Getting Tight In Vicksburg

JGGUNS

Registered
I rode over to Vicksburg today to take a look at the river level. All I had was my phone but I took this shot of a Tug Boat going uner the I-20 River Bridge. As you can see, It has become a tight fit between the river and the bottom of the bridge.

Vicksburg River Bridge.jpg

No worries, thier gonna flood people's houses and farm land soon. That should fix everything....

Yeah, that doesn't make much sense to me...

Easier to flood out Achafalaya Swamp land than to let New Orleans and Baton Rouge flood, with all the refineries down river, they would have mess they could never clean up. I work the rivers and it has caused problems all over. With the Morganza Spillway open, all the residents there had to relocate or risk being under some 15 to 20 feet of extra water. When land is purchased within this area, they are made aware as to the yearly letters from the Army Corp of Engineers as a reminder. This is the first time since the Army Corp of Engineers have designed and built the levee system they had all three spillways open. Last word I got was they was going to keep the spillways open for 3 to 5 weeks. Since Cairo, IL crested it has only dropped 4 foot since, you can go to LMRFC - Mississippi and Ohio River Forecast to get the lastest updates on river stages. By 1200 today, we will be departing Chicago, going to New Orleans, this is going to be an interesting trip down river.

Well, if these people are told UP FRONT about what can and WILL SOMEDAY happen. They should have no BEEF with the results. Of course since this is the beginning of an Election Cycle for O'Boma and the rest of the Group of Spend and TAX Politicians. I'am sure they'll replace, repay and relocate everyone with MONEY we Don't have. Resulting from a Problem everyone understood could happen when they BUILT there. Kinda like the people in Cal-i-foney who built in BURN areas or worse yet, ON THE SIDE OF A MOUNTAIN that continues to slide down. Or people who live on the OCEAN and have their property destroyed by a Hurricane and then expect the Tax Payers (as in You and I ) to cover their LOSSES with Money we don't have :stirpot:

Back