Getting ready for the bike show!!

kingbusa

Registered
Hi guys,
This is going to be my first bike show. Any share idea for the people that put his bike on the show before as far as preparation before the show and how the set up space for the bike? What kind of cleaner or polish do you use? I usually use honda polish. Is that good enough? What kind of cloth or rag do you use that don't leave a linen residue? From walmart perhaps or cotton tshirt?
Any advice will be appreciated.

Honda polish and a microfiber rag. If the show is indoors...it will constantly get dusting to keep after the shine. How big is this show...inside or outside? When I get back home today I can post my last years display set up.

congatulations, let's see what your presenting at the show please...
Posted via Mobile Device

Here is one of my inside set ups...at the Maryland Timonium show 2009. I won 1st in Metric Sport. THe TV had a repeating slide show of the build and vid of my 1/4 drag runs. Wanted to show ITs RIDEN:thumbsup:
YEa..now lets see what you have to show...........And some of you thoughts, Ill try and help.

DSC00033.jpg

KingBusa, Brock's has different color name plates for the exhaust systems... If I was u I'd get it in red and replace that one... just something to help set off your bike alil more...

Looks great tho man!!! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:Looks awsome man. Good luck at the show. If you don't have one yet, get one of the california dusters. After cleaning my car at shows, I'd us that to keep her dusted off throughout the day.

WOW...nice. do yo have a closer pic of the paint section that looks like carbon? A front chuck or rear stand might help at a show too. You can also get some indoor/outdoor cheep carpet 10x10 to put under it at the show.

Thanks for the compliment and suggestion.
Mikesomething: I requested the red brocks plate when I order one but they gave me the black one instead. I wasn't worry about it since my paint scheme has black, I could have return it and get the correct one but I don't have time to wait. Now, I need to get me a tent for this outdoor show
Posted via Mobile Device

Wow, I'm glad I asked for those pics. Your bike is quite stunning! Great job brother, great job!

Thanks guys it means a lot for me. It took me almost a year to build this baby. It's like a dream come true for me.
BigRod1300 how did you clean your tire? Use a damp towel or tire cleaner? -lm going to trail the bike. Also is it a good idea to use WD-40 to clean the swingarm, wheels and chrome stuff? I used it from time to time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
Thanks guys it means a lot for me. It took me almost a year to build this baby. It's like a dream come true for me.
BigRod1300 how did you clean your tire? Use a damp towel or tire cleaner? -lm going to trail the bike. Also is it a good idea to use WD-40 to clean the swingarm, wheels and chrome stuff? I used it from time to time.
Posted via Mobile Device
Damp towel on the tires, or your next ride will be to the ER....
Windex and newspaper are all you need on chrome.

Posted via Mobile Device

For the show I pictured above...damp rag..then very lightly drag a rag with Honda polish sprayed on it...DO NOT spray it direct on the tire. Iv also been told the TIDE on a rag clean the tire too.
A pop up 10x10 tent is nice on the hot days...I do the same thing, but he MULETs shine is not quite the same in the shade.

For the show I pictured above...damp rag..then very lightly drag a rag with Honda polish sprayed on it...DO NOT spray it direct on the tire. Iv also been told the TIDE on a rag clean the tire too.
A pop up 10x10 tent is nice on the hot days...I do the same thing, but he MULETs shine is not quite the same in the shade.

So you suggest don't put the tent up when it's sunny outdoor? it's gonna be sunny around 61.

mr brown, don't worry I know...that's why I said I'm using the trailer for my bike not riding it.

Take the shade for you. Leave the bike in the sun to show off all of the details in the paint.

Outstanding job on the build! :bowdown: That looks down right sinister.

Last edited:
Back