Getting Ready To Tour

jermzfree

Registered
Hey guys. My 04 has 31k on the odometer, and I am going to be doing some touring this season. I expect to be up around 45k by next fall. I was wondering if there are any maintenance concerns for a busa in that mileage range? The bike has given me zero issues so far, but my first gen 1 had leaking valve seals at 30k. Not sure if that was just a fluke. All regular maintenance I have done (fluids, brakes, pluge etc). Haven't touched the engine yet. Is there anything I could do now before riding season??

Reactions: zul
Jermzfree;

Good to hear you are going for a tour.

My 2004 model same as yours had 134 912 km on it and still running extremely well. I am an a daily rider....with an average of 200-800km per trips. I have never experience any problems at all..so far. My bike is a used bike..when i purchased it 6 years ago. Up till now...i never done any valve clearance...at all. It still runs well!.

Only last week...i had a set of new silicon hoses and starter carbon changed!...that is because i think it has been there for 12 years....but..suprisingly the quality didnt deteriorate...although 12 years passed!

1458091119694.jpg

Well fork oil / bushings in the forks if never done . Look at the steering stem bearings ( clean , and re pack with grease ) . Have you looked at valve clearances ? Wheel bearings should be fine ,but does not hurt to look at them . When was the last time the valve stems in the wheels were replaced ?
Clean , and grease the rear shock pivots .

C10 mentioned bearings n forks....i agree with that.

Changed my wheel bearings every 30k. I had the biggest side panniers....(hepco n becker juorney)...and will always ride long distnces with my wife.

i changed out the hoses on my 06 last year but thats about it and im passing 55k this year. not really sure i needed the hose change but they were 10 years old so i figured why not. just went with factory hoses.

Jch364,

Yep agreed with you. Factory hoses done great for me. Not failure. But i changed mine due to the fact that it has been there for 12 years...and considering that i am riding my busa daily.either to work or long trips. Even the starter carbon changed..but when i saw the one taken out was still immaculately good!

All good stuff guys. My tires will be replaced, good time for bearings. 134, 912 km Zul?? Holy shiznit no issues and no valve adjustment??

Yes. I dont lie to you all. I can snap a photo of my engine. I have been riding suzuki since the age of 9...no issues on suzuki engine

Back