Getting my first Hayabusa--

84Ninja

Registered
Hi guys, I'm getting a '99 in about 10 days. Can you make any recommendations what to buy in terms of the best accessories/products to enhance the Busa owning experience? Thanks if you can suggest any cool stuff.

Kurt

Riding Gear & Alot of Common Sense !
thumb_up.gif

An insurance policy with extensive coverage, and an alarm system. 'Busas suffer from a way high theft rate.

Aside from that, a pair of stands, or at least a rear stand for chain maintenance.

Everything else is up to you, and that's just part of the fun.

Ride safe, and enjoy it!

whatsatre.png
Full list of gear then get mods for the bike. Quality helmet, jacket, gloves, pants, etc etc.

Are you after things for riding...like gear or for the Busa it self? No. 1 for busa; I like the double bubble screens....less head bobble in the wind. No.2 kickstand mod. No.3 being a 99, prob has reflector and lable already off. No.4 if night riding....I hear that HID is a big improvement mod. And the list can go on.......

Gear Gear Gear. Then you just have to prioritize. For me it went brakes, alram, double bubble, pipes, pc, seat, shinny things and paint. Have fun hope you got an understanding wife
beerchug.gif

I added a Suzuki OEM centerstand, Zero Gravity Double Bubble windscreen, Heli-Bars risers and frame sliders before I even left the dealership. I'm very glad I did all the above. It's a much more comfortable bike now that can do some reasonable sport touring duty now. I even got a rack installed to carry my Givi V46 topcase. Just used it today to bring my laptop and some drawings back and forth to work. Believe it or not, the Hayabusa set up like mine can be a great commuter bike.

kickstand mod, the bike doesn't lean over enough in certain street conditions. the mod grinds a little bit of metal off the kickstand stop notch. if you go to "search" just type in kickstand mod/kick stand mod.

a HID headlight kit to see and be seen.

pazzo shorty brake and clutch levers if you like using just two fingers for lever operation. the feel of these levers are far greater than stock. and if you're use to using two fingers to pull on the levers you wont get the others caught under the lever with the shorties.

i found Cortech leather pants to have good features: adjustable height knee armor, removable hip armor, and stretch material in key locations.
beerchug.gif

Back