Getting back on 2 wheels again

ditchdr

Registered
Has been a few moons since i have owned a "running road bike", but found a sweet deal on a Honda Shadow the other day, so i amgonna go pick it up Wednesday. I think i have a real problem. i find bikes dirt cheap all the time and either A turn around and resell them with in a few days of buying it, or B in the case of the Vulcan I have I take it down to the frame and make it a true one off custom. Now i could put the Vulcan on the road for les then 1500, but it would not be completed the way I want. And with me being the hard headed guy I am I wont settle for "ok" it has to be the best, no questions asked.

Now the Shadow a prety cool little scooter no its not a Busa or does it have Busa power, but the guy has taken great care of the bike, it has new rubber, and all the little things done to it that I would do, so it is a pretty much "turn key" bike for me.

Ok so after having said that, I have made up my mind to open up a bike shop. Many here dont know but I had a very busy very well known bike shop a few years back, but with crooked business partners even a gold mine will close. I will do service work and minor repaqirs on anything that will roll through the doors, as well as our nitch will be taking a stock bike and making it into a custom one off. No reason to spend 40 or 50K on a "custom" that looks like all the other production customs out there. We wil make your bike into a true one of a kind built just the way you want it at a fraction of the price. Of course this is AFTER I get my nursing degre in 2 years.

So summary,

#1 getting a new (to me) bike
#2 Opening a bike shop
#3 Still in school
#4 why is there letters in math? My english teacher does not make me do math problems, why does my math teacher not show some respect?

best of luck with the plans for the future and congrats on finding another nice ride :beerchug:

Back