Getting a genII to handle better with a few mods?!

Ouch! :poke:Guys play nice!!! :rulez:I liked the Bridgestones, but I enjoy the better feed back of the Pirrelli's. I am low on cash so I was trying to keep a low budget approach to improving the busa. I usually run 30-32psi when pushing the bike at the track or the dragon! I had good results with the stock tire, but there are better choices to be had. I didn't want to mix brands and compound, so the reason of going with the BT015 or a BT016 for thr rear and add the spocket while I am there. I am looking at trying to raise the rear end some for more front end feel, in which I feel it is lacking! Any other smart low budget ideas are welcomed!

Sorry.

Try the BT016 in a 190/55. It raises the rear close to an inch all by itself. Drop a +3 on the rear with that if you want more grunt. I bet you'll be happier with it.

If what you say is true, either:

1. You're running all you BT's with too much pressure.
2. You don't like BT as a tire manufacturer.
3. You don't know what you're talking about.
4. You don't know how to really ride.

If the tires are "sliding all over the place when coming out of curves" get off the throttle a bit. You wasting power, fuel, and your rear tire with no results other than looking for a chance to high-side.

Run your tires a couple of pounds lower if you really going to push it. They will heat up and be soft and sticky. I spent two hours on a road race track (20 minutes each sessions) running BT015's @ 30 psi. They were super sticky. I never did get the tires hot enough to get greasy. I was riding to the edge of the tire on both sides. They were very impressive. The BT016's are even better. I run the BT016's @ 36 psi on the street. 32-34 psi if it's a chilly day.

If Michelin and Pirelli are so much better, why does Bridgestone supply all of the tires to MotoGP. I have ridden on both, and they are not as good as a properly inflated Bridgestone tire.

I agree with everything you say, except using the MotoGP spec tire rule to justify one street tire over another. I suspect whether or not Bridgestone makes a better MotoGP tire than Michelin had less of an influence on the FIM's decision to go with Bridgestone than money, politics and back room deals did.

Although one can point to MotoGP and say, "judging from past results Bridgstone is capable of making a MotoGP tire equal to or better than Michelins attempts".

cheers
ken

What is the best place to purchase some tires? I need to start there first......tax return is a nice thing! Need to get a BT016 190/55r17 for the busa, and a set of tires for the 02 1k....Bt002 for the rear to be cheap....or just get a new set based on price.

You beat me to it! People who say they can't ride the Bridgestone Stock Tires should capitalize the "CAN'T RIDE" phrase! :beerchug:

Tuf man I have to disagree with you just because someone does not like the Stock bridgestone tires does not mean they can not ride. I prefer the Metzler M3's over the stock tires but I am not saying the bridgestones are bad and can not handle I am just saying I prefer the M3's more :thumbsup:

Truwrecks How do you like your Bt016's over the bt015's? I found a place that isnt to bad on pricing for tires. Index of / I am looking at other places too.

Back