Georgia busa

Had a blue/silver '00 delivered Tuesday, a week ago, to Atlanta. Wanted some advice on smoothing out a lumpy/wavering idle as described by other new owners. Have a service manual on order, but it's been twenty years since I worked on a bike. Throttle-body synching and TPS adjustments sound rather daunting for a newbie.

There are several riders here that have owned busa's for a long time in the Atlanta area. I'm one, BJ and techwood are two others and I have seen at least 4 more at Tooseys last year, so there are a bunch around. That lumpy idle is not chararistic of the busas I hang around. I would take it back to the dealer. Only problem we have had is tire wear. I love my 99---have run the crap out of it and have had not one problem.

Maybe us atlanta folks can get together and ride sometime hopefully I can get my bike by the end of the month I am trying to work a deal for a helmet,jacket and tank bra as we speak!

Great Jerry---lets do it. As it gets warmer, we all meet at Toosey's on sat morning about 10 or 11 and ride up to T.W.O. ranch and that great ride on 129 to Blairsville. Man, that is the best ride I have ever been on. As it gets warmner, lets plan it.

To Each his own about mods---my bike is bone stock and I have raced two of my buds that have lightly modifided bikes. Ex. pc2 ect and they have not beat me yet. Sorry, I did go up two teeth on the rear sprocket, but the bike runs great the way it is. Just my .02

i am located in atlanta also,and would like to ride with you guys sometimes. i have a black 99, and trying to decide if i should mod my bike or not?

I live up in Alpharetta and love riding my '99 Black Busa throughout north Georgia. Just added a Yosh exhaust system and am looking forward to great weather, which should be very soon. Ride a lot -- am on my third set of tires!

I used to ride with Earl and the boys. But I was too fast for em'. I got tired of waiting for them after a few twisties. Kinda' sucked to ride alone, bein' out front and all!
Nailz

Back