Gen3 MaxxECU project starting

I would be willing to bet you may go double that on your project. But for sure it's time consuming for full on harnesses, and that i would say it labor hours putting it together, with a lot of time before hand planning and mapping things out for what inputs and outputs will be used.

I really like the plug and play option as the labor is significantly less, and so is cost, and I am not reinventing any of the already in place safety stuff for starter/clutch/sidestand/fusebox, hand controls, lighting, etc etc. Provided that the bike's harness is in good shape, which hopefully on Gen3s this will mostly be true LOL.

My hopes are to have a very nice Gen3 system plug and play in the $3-$4k range as a turn key setup including Sport or Race ECU, wiring, ignition ignitor, wideband, functional dash etc.
I’d say this is generous and that I’ll have over double the time of anyone who has done this before. But I’m a slow worker sometimes and am trying to learn about tuning at the same time so when it’s running I’ll have a better idea of what I’m doing.

The amount of effort you’ve put into this is well worth the cost for anyone looking to go standalone. It’s going to keep the factory look and feel of the bike plus there are so many different things you’ve shown that can be done that are better than the factory ecu. The two step is a great example.

The ethanol content sensor is awesome too. I didn’t even realize that was a thing. Makes running pump e85 a no brainier.

Skip trying out auto blip on downshifts on his dyno :)

Hi. Who ever wants a MAXX Race ECU get the Race H2O one and if you want to run VP M1 you need a different igniter box and fuel pump about $2,000.00. As I will be running 3 tunes pump 93 + VP C16 and VP M1 That is why I have over $30,000.00 set aside and I think I will need at least $20,000.00 more. I better start eating less and work more.

Looking good! The ethanol sensor option is a fantastic source of freeing up more HP vs mileage per tank. But yet again when chasing horse power you don't care how much gas or mileage you get. I'd run Flex Fuel over M1 any day as I find it litterly anywhere around the state of Florida.

Back