Gen3 1441 on pump gas makes 220hp

smithabusa

Site Sponsor
Registered
Plug and Play BoostBySmith ECU for control

received_175856638761141.jpeg

Do we all think Suzuki should have built this from the factory?

I say yes we do....
i was shocked when it came out and it had the gen2 motor. man was i pissed. I bought the zx14r in 2019 because i gave up waiting on zuk to do something. when it finally came out i got all excited. hell even started to figure out how to trade mine in on one. then i read the numbers and my jaw dropped. i could not believe it. they just quit competing for the top spot. i will never understand it. im glad more than ever i bought the ninja but the gen 3 is so beautiful. and 220 is probably right on. my zx14r makes 217 at the wheel after i put on the entire brock package. his numbers not mine. i think zuk just builds better motors so a few more hp is no surprise to me. but i only paid 12,500 for my 2018 beacuase it was left over in 2019. and adding brocks exhaust pc5 sprint race filter adds 2500 ish to it so i only have 15k in it total and the bus is almost 19k stock? that motor work and tune had to have cost another 4k at least. but i dont get cruise though

i was shocked when it came out and it had the gen2 motor. man was i pissed. I bought the zx14r in 2019 because i gave up waiting on zuk to do something. when it finally came out i got all excited. hell even started to figure out how to trade mine in on one. then i read the numbers and my jaw dropped. i could not believe it. they just quit competing for the top spot. i will never understand it. im glad more than ever i bought the ninja but the gen 3 is so beautiful. and 220 is probably right on. my zx14r makes 217 at the wheel after i put on the entire brock package. his numbers not mine. i think zuk just builds better motors so a few more hp is no surprise to me. but i only paid 12,500 for my 2018 beacuase it was left over in 2019. and adding brocks exhaust pc5 sprint race filter adds 2500 ish to it so i only have 15k in it total and the bus is almost 19k stock? that motor work and tune had to have cost another 4k at least. but i dont get cruise though
im betting zuk got a lot of hate mail when the gen 3 numbers came out
I get to wonder how many people would have bothered to contact Suzuki and how many just decided to go anther route...

Suzuki was pretty smart in some ways, they built a good bike, faster in mid range and left the top speed wars to the consumer...Look at all the excitement they've stirred up in companies and people searching for the elusive power on top...there was a time when the name Hayabusa was respected, that day has come and gone unfortunately.... liter bikes own the roads.

Now if Suzuki had their heads out of their collective arses and made the bike as powerful as the 1441 depicted, it would have been a winner right out of the box...but we would still be searching for more...it's just the way it is it seems....

I say yes we do....
The reason the Busa is still popular after 20 years, is because Suzuki gave it more power than it would ever need when it was first introduced and then managed the amount given with electronics to keep things under control.

So with everything stock, no stretch, no suspension clamps etc., the video below shows you that the only difference really with an H2 next to a Busa, is the H2 having to trim back, to keep the front wheel down.

On the street, the only thing 20 extra ponies gives you is bragging rights.

There are a lot of 1K bikes now which puts out a lot more Hp than the Busa, all of them are slower in the 1/4 mile.

I get to wonder how many people would have bothered to contact Suzuki and how many just decided to go anther route...
I was waiting cash in hand for the Gen-3 but wasn’t impressed on its release. At the time I thought the H2 SX SE offered more and the Gen-3 was just a less than impressive evolution of a Gen-2.

It took a while of both living with the H2 SX SE and following lots of threads, info, tuners, racers, owners etc of Gen-3’s to change my mind.

The amount of bad press it got for its price and lower numbers really didn’t do the 3 any favours. The reality is quite different.

I know a lot of folk were waiting for the 3, I don’t think I’m alone in not being impressed on its release.

The reason the Busa is still popular after 20 years, is because Suzuki gave it more power than it would ever need when it was first introduced and then managed the amount given with electronics to keep things under control.

So with everything stock, no stretch, no suspension clamps etc., the video below shows you that the only difference really with an H2 next to a Busa, is the H2 having to trim back, to keep the front wheel down.

On the street, the only thing 20 extra ponies gives you is bragging rights.

There are a lot of 1K bikes now which puts out a lot more Hp than the Busa, all of them are slower in the 1/4 mile.

One reason the Hayabusa is so popular is the impression of street dominance....that's why it was designed in the first place....to win the speed wars.

Although it makes a decent sport tourer, it was never designed to be one.

It's kind of like having a prize fighter with a glass jaw.

Don't get me wrong, I am a die hard Suzuki guy and am loyal to the brand....

I was waiting cash in hand for the Gen-3 but wasn’t impressed on its release. At the time I thought the H2 SX SE offered more and the Gen-3 was just a less than impressive evolution of a Gen-2.

It took a while of both living with the H2 SX SE and following lots of threads, info, tuners, racers, owners etc of Gen-3’s to change my mind.

The amount of bad press it got for its price and lower numbers really didn’t do the 3 any favours. The reality is quite different.

I know a lot of folk were waiting for the 3, I don’t think I’m alone in not being impressed on its release.
The H2 SXSE is a whole different animal than an H2 but you already know that..

I think Kawasaki thought the H2 SXSE would replace the Concours...

Suzuki didn't have a chance with the top spot, there's a multitude of liter bikes well past 200hp and close to 400lbs weight. Big girl relying on modifications and legendary heritage.

The H2 SXSE is a whole different animal than an H2 but you already know that..

I think Kawasaki thought the H2 SXSE would replace the Concours...
Yeah, I bought the H2 SX SE as an alternative to a Busa, it’s not an alternative to a sports H2. H2 SX SE Will certainly replace the ZX14R in many markets as the 14 can’t meet recent emissions standards, the H2 SX originally didn’t but the latest does unlike the 14.

Yeah, I bought the H2 SX SE as an alternative to a Busa, it’s not an alternative to a sports H2. H2 SX SE Will certainly replace the ZX14R in many markets as the 14 can’t meet recent emissions standards, the H2 SX originally didn’t but the latest does unlike the 14.
i have heard every year for the last 3 years that the zx14r is not going to continue. but every year it is. 2023 is out and no reason it wont continue. i imagine it must be making the euro 500 econazi standards. as for the sxe i love it. has everything but the right price. its crazy expensive and the power is cut way back. now if you get the brock ass whooping package you go from i think its 180 ish to 240hp. you just cant beat that period. but the damn initial price tag is just too much for me

I say yes we do....
How I wish this was true.Now that the world is moving towards electric how many of you still think that there might be a GEN4 busa with a bigger engine and doing around 220-230sh bhp stock.I believe that if GEN3 sales are satisfactory then suzuki might think to not discontinue busa and to launch it new avatar.Somehow I beleive that the next upgrade of busa(if it happens) will be a bigger engine with more power output.

Back