Gen2 HID install

Re: Blanca's new Granny Blinders....

No need to remove nose on either...???

Yea true, I removed mine because I first attempted the Halo CCFL HID combokit from xdcycles.com. TRASH! The way the thing is wired is rediculous (placement in the headlight assembly). Wires run out the side of the projector and through the back of the lens reflector up against the bolt that bolts the projector in, instead of through the bolt and leaving room for HID bulb.

I can't wait for my 2nd 35w 8k for my Highbeam :thumbsup:

Regarding the issue of starting the bike normally with HID's; here's the email I just received from DDM Tuning Tech Support.:

Thank you for the email and the inquiry.

HID bulbs do have longer lifespans when they are turned on and left on for extended periods of time. Short on-off cycles do reduce the lifespan of the bulbs, but to what extent it's hard to say.

Your decision probably will come down to some sort of cost-benefit analysis. Here's some info regarding the costs of replacing bulbs:

Replacement bulbs are roughly $15 plus shipping (unless your bulb(s) are H/L, then they are more expensive). Also, the bulbs do have a lifetime warranty: we will replace them if they are non-functional, which would involve your covering the shipping to us and we would ship replacements to you.

Thank you,

Brian

Well there you go....
FLIP IT AND RIP IT..
No worries mate..
Bulb goes , ship it back for a couple bucks and get a new one..

Have you also gotten the two leds to replace the current oem lights in corners ?
If not the oems will not look right when all are on.
Since you got 8k though I am not sure which leds you should get but I figure 2 white ones will look better than the ones in it now.

they are on the way now... I'm going to wire them up using the extra harness for "european" bikes.. I think they'll look ok. I saw a pic on here of someone with 8k and 25led towers from autolumination..

they are on the way now... I'm going to wire them up using the extra harness for "european" bikes.. I think they'll look ok. I saw a pic on here of someone with 8k and 25led towers from autolumination..

Why use 'extra harness' ?
I'm not clear on that.
Why not just get ones that are direct replacement that will plug right into factory plug ?

I don't have "running lights" i have a Gen I.. not sure we're on the same page here though.. just buying white 194 base LED will only make my blinkers white unless i wire up DIY switchbacks or whatever .. unless I'm completely missing something here and my busa is supposed to have running lights.. hmm...???

I don't have "running lights" i have a Gen I.. not sure we're on the same page here though.. just buying white 194 base LED will only make my blinkers white unless i wire up DIY switchbacks or whatever .. unless I'm completely missing something here and my busa is supposed to have running lights.. hmm...???

Ok I see .
Did not realize GenI did not have the two little lights inside headlight same as GenII

I just got done installing my HID's. I can't believe how easy it all went together (thanks Blanca for the help with the gauge bezel).

I know the low beam will be a bit off and need adjustment, just have to wait until it gets dark. I can't wait.

You can access the adjustment from below can't you?

No problem on the help, always happy to do it for anyone. PM me anytime.
Glad it went well.
And yes you can adj the light from below..

I put a towell on the fender and remove the front 2 pushpins and the 2 pushpins on the right as you're looking to the rear(left side of the bike) and let the cowl cover set on the fender. I use a 1/4" drive ratchet w/10mm socket to adjust. The lower bolt is the vertical adjustment and the upper bolt is the horizontal adjustment.:thumbsup:

Well, I installed mine today. Had to call Saiid once and he helped me right out. Thanks Saiid.

I chose only to do the low beam and while I was at it, I decided to replace the accent lights with GREEN LED's since I plan on doing GREEN LED's over the bike soon.

I also put a delay timer on which is set for about 30 seconds.

Might recommend being carful about using other colored lights as running lights....not sure if that would confuse oncoming traffic (or not)...

Well, I installed mine today. Had to call Saiid once and he helped me right out. Thanks Saiid.

I chose only to do the low beam and while I was at it, I decided to replace the accent lights with GREEN LED's since I plan on doing GREEN LED's over the bike soon.
I also put a delay timer on which is set for about 30 seconds.

Hey Derek it was nice talking to you today and I'm glad I could help .
May I ask why you didn't do hi-beam as well ?

I've installed high and lowbeams today on my 2009 busa. The highbeam is easier because it does not need any adapter between the bulb and the cable.

If you do not seal it properly you will get dust and small particles inside the light housing. It is nearly impossible to clean the insides. I made that mistake with my ZX-12R.

I used H7R and H9 at 5000K and my ballasts are slim. I put both of them on the right side on top of the ram-air tube because there is electrical stuff (fuses) on the left side.

Saiid, I got my Busa out this morning and noticed something in the bottom of the headlight bulb - it was part of one of the white LED autoillumination marker bulbs...both are out and one came apart. Gonna order some replacements just trying to figure out what would have done that.....I think I can get it out by taking out the high beam bulb and fishing around a little don't really want to have to take completely apart to get entire headlight off. Thought I'd post up a follow up less than 6 months after the install...

Saiid, I got my Busa out this morning and noticed something in the bottom of the headlight bulb - it was part of one of the white LED autoillumination marker bulbs...both are out and one came apart. Gonna order some replacements just trying to figure out what would have done that.....I think I can get it out by taking out the high beam bulb and fishing around a little don't really want to have to take completely apart to get entire headlight off. Thought I'd post up a follow up less than 6 months after the install...

Strange ? Now I have to go check mine !
Can you not reach up in there from below to get to them ?
I am thinking of you take out the inner lower nose plastic piece (top black piece inside and under) you may be able to reach up and unplug them ?
Maybe ?

Just looked at mine and they are fine . Maybe just a bad batch ?
Wonder what if any warranty they have ?

I'm pretty sure of you take out the piece I refer to above you'll be able to pull the plugs out ?

I just ordered another (plus extra) set. I'm going in from underneath, pull out the high-beam bulb which gives access to the inside of the light, and hopefully fish it out without having to take entire headlightoff. No sense trying until replacements arrive.

Back