Gen2 Engine Bolt Torque Settings

CadOps

Registered
Hello All,
Purchased a Bursig Stand.
I need to know what the torque settings are for the engine bolt.
Searched the manual, I got nothing.

Thanks in advance for your time.
Ride Safe...But Ride.

Hello All,
Purchased a Bursig Stand.
I need to know what the torque settings are for the engine bolt.
Searched the manual, I got nothing.

Thanks in advance for your time.
Ride Safe...But Ride.
its a bitch of a time getting bike on stand..... that big center bolt is seriously tight if u have to loosen it.... and if ure bike is lowered... gonna be a 3 hour project

I just estimated tightness.... u wont hurt it... ull strip thread on that hollow ass adapter sleeve before u crack anything.... just feel how tight it is now..... repeat

Setting up a Bursig only takes a couple minutes.
It's not a big deal.

3 hours?! lol

I just estimated tightness.... u wont hurt it... ull strip thread on that hollow ass adapter sleeve before u crack anything.... just feel how tight it is now..... repeat

If you strip that sleeve, you're S.O.L
and will be waiting several weeks on a replacement, and not be able to use the stand.
It Needs to be torqued.
I cannot remember if the sleeve's torque is less than the factory nut or not, but I know they were close if not the same.

If you strip that sleeve, you're S.O.L
and will be waiting several weeks on a replacement, and not be able to use the stand.
It Needs to be torqued.
I cannot remember if the sleeve's torque is less than the factory nut or not, but I know they were close if not the same.
its 54 pounds..... but give it a lil more

Setting up a Bursig only takes a couple minutes.
It's not a big deal.

3 hours?! lol
if the bike is lowered and has an aftermarket kickstand.... and the adapter plate isn't even remotely close... and the stand wont go under the bike....it takes a long time... im not the only 1 with these issues. the kickstand hits the bursig stand and wont line up..... kickstand up or down.. doesn't matter.... pita

if the bike is lowered and has an aftermarket kickstand.... and the adapter plate isn't even remotely close... and the stand wont go under the bike....it takes a long time... im not the only 1 with these issues. the kickstand hits the bursig stand and wont line up..... kickstand up or down.. doesn't matter.... pita

Not true.
Being lowered with another kickstand effects nothing.
The plate on the stand lines up to the frame the same. The plate moves up and down on the handle, so a lowered bike or a raised rear has no effect on alignment.
The legs of the stand do not interfere with the kickstand either, stock or lowered
I set up my Bursig on my Busa, without issue.
I later got a B-king, which sits higher than the Busa, and set the Bursig up on that as well.
The lower pin needs to be smaller for the B-king, so my Dad turned it down to the correct size in the lathe, rather than me buy a new pin.
I also still have my Bursig, and it's waiting for my next gsxr1k.
If you've never owned or used a Bursig, you can't comment on how to set it up, or say it has problems that it actually does not.

its a bitch of a time getting bike on stand..... that big center bolt is seriously tight if u have to loosen it.... and if ure bike is lowered... gonna be a 3 hour project

Also not true.
Once set up, the Bursig rolls up next to the bike, hold the bike upright and raise the kickstand, the stand's pins roll right into the holes, let go of the bike, as it's now held upright, push the handle down, and the bike raises up and the lock pin on the stand locks, and it's done.
Greatest and easiest stand I ever used.

018.JPG

013.JPG

007.JPG

SDC10364.JPG

SDC10372.JPG

SDC10373.JPG

SDC10380.JPG

SDC10378.JPG

SDC10360.JPG

Also not true.
Once set up, the Bursig rolls up next to the bike, hold the bike upright and raise the kickstand, the stand's pins roll right into the holes, let go of the bike, as it's now held upright, push the handle down, and the bike raises up and the lock pin on the stand locks, and it's done.
Greatest and easiest stand I ever used.
MY BIKE IS SO LOW THAT THE STAND WONT SLIDE UNDER IT(the legs hit the plastics on the bike).... U ARE WRONG…. the adapter plate needed to be angled differently.... I know how the stand works... thank u very much.. try to understand... the bike is highly highly modified...(air shifter is also there pushing up against the stand)

Last edited:
MY BIKE IS SO LOW THAT THE STAND WONT SLIDE UNDER IT(the legs hit the plastics on the bike).... U ARE WRONG…. the adapter plate needed to be angled differently.... I know how the stand works... thank u very much.. try to understand... the bike is highly highly modified...(air shifter is also there pushing up against the stand)

Well if the bike is so low that the stand's legs can't roll under it; why are complaining that it won't work??
There's nothing bad about a Bursig because of that.

Well if the bike is so low that the stand's legs can't roll under it; why are complaining that it won't work??
There's nothing bad about a Bursig because of that.
I didn't say it was bad.... I just wish I didn't have to adjust the actual adapter plate (the big bolt) cause it was sooooo far off(angled incorrectly)… then I had to stop what I was doing and go to auto zone and buy a pipe wrench cause I didn't have a wrench that big I could find to loosen the main bolt on the stand.....

I didn't say it was bad.... I just wish I didn't have to adjust the actual adapter plate (the big bolt) cause it was sooooo far off(angled incorrectly)… then I had to stop what I was doing and go to auto zone and buy a pipe wrench cause I didn't have a wrench that big I could find to loosen the main bolt on the stand.....

The angle can be set so you can level a bike that has a noticeable rake to it, and get both wheels up at an equal height.
It can take a few minutes to get right, and is a pain if you do that yourself.
After it's set, it should work flawlessly.
It can also help to drive both wheels on to 2 boards, one per wheel, regardless of the type of stand, when a bike is lowered.
Makes it easier to get on and off.

Back