Gen1 mufflers on Gen2

Everyone is the safety police huh?

No one is the safety police but every one apparently has a friendly advice: be careful with worn out tyres, that's all.
And by your avatar I can definitely tell you're a very competent rider, but those badges are actually ruining an otherwise good looking muffler. Ditch them, I say.

Sorry about the hick comment, please don't take it personal, maybe my understand on English semantics is poor. I meant it makes the bike look a bit daft.

No one is the safety police but every one apparently has a friendly advice: be careful with worn out tyres, that's all.
And by your avatar I can definitely tell you're a very competent rider, but those badges are actually ruining an otherwise good looking muffler. Ditch them, I say.

Sorry about the hick comment, please don't take it personal, maybe my understand on English semantics is poor. I meant it makes the bike look a bit daft.

That's ok, I didn't mean to sound so harsh. I do agree with you that the badges need to go, and they will when I cut the muflers. I'm slowly making everything black/grey anyways. The new rivets in the old badge holes will be hard to notice too, as they will be behind the tire once I cut the mufflers down.

Are you sure those are Akra pipes? Look like DnDs with Akra badges.

So, here's the deal. Went outside few nights ago, found the pipes in the box the mail had dropped off. Grabbed tools, opened box, and bolted them on. It was freezing and dark and I'de had a few beers. Uncovered the bike yesterday morn, rolled it into the sun, took the pictures and went for a ride. Tire blew and I left it at my friend's house, went back with my Dad's trailer after dark and brought it home.
I read this post today(and never disagreed with it) and it dawnwed on me, I know Akrapovics are very light and what I put on wasn't. So I went and checked them out up close for the first time. The Carbon Fiber isn't real either:laugh: I unbolted them(I'm gonna cut them down in the next couple days) and looked closely at them. You have a good eye! I'de be willing to bet they're D&D's now too, although strangely they sound nothing like them.
Normally I pay close attention to things, but these were cheapo's I had planned to shorten ahead of time anyway, so I just threw em on. I would have realized it when I took them off anyway, but you got me thinkin. Shady if the seller knew, but I don't care either way. They serve the purpose of what I wanted in the meantime. Good eye:beerchug:

Back