Gen rear tire size

busapatt

Registered
My gen 1 already has a 200/50 on the back couldnt find the same size aspect and brand i wanted so i got 55 will it fit will there be a diffrence i know the stock is 190 but i wanted to replace it with what it had

Taller (bigger aspect ratio) should give u better turn in, same as raising the rear suspension. I have a 200/55 on my gsxr, different bike but same effect. Pretty nice.
I find it interesting that MotoGP bikes use a 180/55 tire on the rear...

Not really relvevant to this thread, just a useless fact I saw....
What size wheel do they run? That would make it more interesting

Taller (bigger aspect ratio) should give u better turn in, same as raising the rear suspension. I have a 200/55 on my gsxr, different bike but same effect. Pretty nice.

What size wheel do they run? That would make it more interesting
They run 17 inch rims...

As the Hayabusa is a different type of bike and more of a sport tourer, it makes sense to have a bigger tire due to the weight alone.

Width is what I meant, a 17x5.5 rim on a 180/55 is typical for 600/750’s, most 1000 and up are 6” wheels so the 180/55 would be stretched alil, usually those bikes come with a 190/50. Ppl go 190/55 to get a taller profile, 200/55 is even taller and alil wider on the same size wheel, but also a heavier tire. I’d think moto gp wants to pinch the tire to give it more contact patch when leaned over, that’s what I was wondering.

Width is what I meant, a 17x5.5 rim on a 180/55 is typical for 600/750’s, most 1000 and up are 6” wheels so the 180/55 would be stretched alil, usually those bikes come with a 190/50. Ppl go 190/55 to get a taller profile, 200/55 is even taller and alil wider on the same size wheel, but also a heavier tire. I’d think moto gp wants to pinch the tire to give it more contact patch when leaned over, that’s what I was wondering.
I just read they can have no larger than 6.25 inch on the rear and 4 inch on the front

Back