Gen II owners manual shock & fork settings

DREW

Donating Member
Registered
Could someone please post gen II factory recomended settings page for me. I am installing new springs and an 08 shock on my 04 but want to see the owners manual settings please. Many thanks. :beerchug: And yes I realize I have a generation I.

img_2851 (Large).jpg

Last edited:
FWIW,

This is where Sport Rider set thier Gen2 at when compared to the BMW K1300S

Front:
Spring Preload: 5.75 turns from full stiff
Rebound Damping: 7 clicks out from ful stiff
Compression Damping: 8 clicks out from full stiff

Rear:
Spring Preload: 10mm thread showing
Rebound Damping: 10 clicks out from full stiff
Compression Damping: 8 clicks out from full stiff

FRONT
Spring preload: 6 turns out from full stiff
Rebound damping: 4 clicks out from full stiff
Compression damping: 7 clicks out from full stiff

REAR
Spring preload: 6mm thread showing
Rebound damping: 10 clicks out from full stiff
Compression damping: 8 clicks out from full stiff

Then Gen1 settings in your owners manual will work...the rear is the
same and the front they went from .85 kg springs to .93 kg on the Gen2.

Im going to go with 1.00 springs and the stock 08 unit. Just wanted to confirm a baseline to start with . :thumbsup:

wouldn't weight of the rider be a factor? i haven't touched mine for the simple reason that i am 250lbs and i believe factory is set for 165lbs. rider.???

I got the shock on and used the Sportrider settings to start with. There is a difference between my 20,000 mile stocker and the 08 with low miles. Dont know if that is because of fewer miles or better valving. But it is a positive upgrade. I will probably do a Penske shock next year anyway. Decided to go with the gold valves on forks with Racetech 1.00 springs. Waiting on gold valves to arrive. Thanks for posting up guys ! :beerchug:

Forks completed finally. Unbelievable difference with the forks. I used the racetech recommended settings and will leave it this way for now. Still dialing in the 08 shock. Overall a nice change for the better.

Forks completed finally. Unbelievable difference with the forks. I used the racetech recommended settings and will leave it this way for now. Still dialing in the 08 shock. Overall a nice change for the better.
:beerchug:

Back