Gen II 09 Busa Coolant Temp Irregular

Shaft

Registered
Hey guys, Just picked up my new 09 Busa. I got 150kms on it so far, still breakin it in nicely.

When I'm riding my temps don't stay steady just below half, It drops down to a 1/4 then back up to below half. stays like that for a bit then drops down to a 1/4 again... slowly back up to just below a half.

If I stop the bike and let it ldle, the temps stay at just below a half and don't move. fan kicks in after a while.

is this normal?? My 01 busa never had the temps drop, just always stayed below a half.

All fine..
In fact a bit more efficient than mine.
Where exactly are you located.
I live in South Florida and temp ebbs and flows up and down.
Your fine.
Even on the hottest days , stuck in traffic I have yet to see it pass the line.

Does the same with mine also , Don't worry to much unless it pegs out . Just keep an eye on it .:thumbsup:

Mine does that from time to time. The only this I can think of is instrumentation. The only time mine has gone above 1/2 mark was when I went across Washington in 112 degree heat.

I think there is a thread here some where when a member was having the same problem. His bike was still under warranty so I think he had his dash cluster changed. As long as it doesn't peg one way or the other I thinks it is one of those quirks.

Back