GEN 3 mufflers... I wish I could find these

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
I have scoured the entire interweb. These simply don't exist anyhere that I can find but I would love to have these on my Gen 3.

R/Don

BUSA.PNG

I emailed Yoshi about them too. We will see what happens. I don't really care to do a full system and am hoping that I can get just the mufflers.

Let me know too !. Let us all know !.

Last edited:
I think I read there is a kit that will allow you to install Gen 2 mufflers on the Gen 3s.

Reactions: pcs
Some of the guys may be looking for that look as well. That tri with the dual tips was a favorite. The s pipe for Gen 3 will convert most kits. Same diameter.

I found a company in the UK that makes mufflers dual outlet tri-oval mufflers for the GEN 3. I have been corresponding today with them today. I will let you guys know when I have more information. Here is a picture. My biggest concern right now based on the information that I have so far is that they advertise 450mm in max length. That is 17.71 inches which in my opinion will look stubby and could be rather obnoxiously loud.

busadual.PNG

Pretty darn close. They made my header. Talk to Martin at MTC. If the muffler diameter matches the pipe diameter you're set.

You can also get those in several finishes.

Pretty darn close. They made my header. Talk to Martin at MTC. If the muffler diameter matches the pipe diameter you're set.
I have been talking to Martin via email. I've asked if they had any pictures installed on a Gen 3 (there are non on the site) and if they have any sound clips. According to the site, they are direct fit but I asked him to verify that. I assume I'd use the stock heat sheilds since there are none listed with the mufflers.

R/Don

I originally bought a pair of Yoshimura Gen III heat shields that bolt straight on to the factory exhaust.

Talk to Don at Yosh. He sells them. They look good.

I’m a huge fan of Yoshi cans and full system, I have them on several bikes and I’ve been using them for many years but those link pipe heap shield for the Gen-3 just look awful. They look ugly and badly designed, just a miss matched after thought.

I found a company in the UK that makes mufflers dual outlet tri-oval mufflers for the GEN 3. I have been corresponding today with them today. I will let you guys know when I have more information. Here is a picture. My biggest concern right now based on the information that I have so far is that they advertise 450mm in max length. That is 17.71 inches which in my opinion will look stubby and could be rather obnoxiously loud.

View attachment 1656184
I'm interested in hearing what they have to say! These look amazing

I’m a huge fan of Yoshi cans and full system, I have them on several bikes and I’ve been using them for many years but those link pipe heap shield for the Gen-3 just look awful. They look ugly and badly designed, just a miss matched after thought.

I'm a big fan of Yosh. I don't think it's that far off. It may have been a second thought on the Gen III system from Yosh, but it gives the illusion of more body work definition. I feel the open gap behind the main fairing, that space that's open in front of the rear wheel, looks too empty. If you paint the heat shields it becomes a part of the body group and adds more styling.

The one thing I don't find too attractive is the fact that you have a long mid pipe attaching to the catalytic converter and running out both sides naked. To me it seems like it detracts from the cool styling of the bike.

Last edited:
I think it would have to be a full Gen 2 system. IIRC the midpipe angles are significantly different G2 to G3
Not at all. The factory locations are designed to receive the S pipe, and any Gen II, or Gen III muffler. The pipe diameters are what makes it fit. The S pipe makes a Gen III header work. Both Gen II and III have the same muffler adapting diameters.

Not at all. The factory locations are designed to receive the S pipe, and any Gen II, or Gen III muffler. The pipe diameters are what makes it fit. The S pipe makes a Gen III header work. Both Gen II and III have the same muffler adapting diameters.
Oh cool! I thought I saw a video on YouTube rankling how the drive side pipe comes out with a different bend/angle off the cat.

View attachment 1656184

Those are long cans, plus the midpipes, they will not look stubby.
But, without removable baffles, they will get loud at high rpms.

Back