Gen 3 full lean

Jrocky1987

Registered
Tail of the dragon on Tuesday. Seen 55 degrees on lean gauge. Rear kept sliding. All the way to the edge of the tire on the front. Header and cat actually scraped road at some point, not sure how

7F420D6D-AE5B-40A9-AFEA-B486A6B3DE7B.png

32318CDE-52F9-40A6-AB9B-38170EFBB486.png

Did you get passed by Max Wrist and his band of lunatics?
I’ve been there 3 times. Once on my m5, once on my goldwing and now the Hayabusa. So I don’t know the road. I was actually surprised how fast I was. Some of the people I’ve seen on his videos started talking to me and said they haven’t seen anyone throwing a Hayabusa around like that up there. But the bike was definitely at its limit, when I seen my front tire it kind of sketched me out a little. Rubber rolled up on the very edge. I was close to having a bad day.

I’ve been there 3 times. Once on my m5, once on my goldwing and now the Hayabusa. So I don’t know the road. I was actually surprised how fast I was. Some of the people I’ve seen on his videos started talking to me and said they haven’t seen anyone throwing a Hayabusa around like that up there. But the bike was definitely at its limit, when I seen my front tire it kind of sketched me out a little. Rubber rolled up on the very edge. I was close to having a bad day.
It's definitely a big heavy beast that eats tires when pushed for certain...

Good on you for giving it a good work out....

I'm amazed you could lean that far with regular-looking tires! MotoGP bikes lean to 60* with soft slick racing tires.

Header scraped when you front end collapsed and they hit the pavement. Happens if your compression is too light and you go fast and deep into a corner with the front loaded.
Tail of the dragon on Tuesday. Seen 55 degrees on lean gauge. Rear kept sliding. All the way to the edge of the tire on the front. Header and cat actually scraped road at some point, not sure how

View attachment 1665674

View attachment 1665675

I'm amazed you could lean that far with regular-looking tires! MotoGP bikes lean to 60* with soft slick racing tires.
Marc Marquez has actually been down to about 70 degrees. At 55 I’m dragging hard parts. I do believe that is about all the s22 tire wants regardless though. My Tire pressure at the time was 34f/32r seemed to be about perfect.

Yeah. I need to respring the front. Im at 45mm of sag with the preload turned all the way down. So I haven’t really messed with the valving to much yet.
Header scraped when you front end collapsed and they hit the pavement. Happens if your compression is too light and you go fast and deep into a corner with the front loaded.

You must have little feet. At 48+ degrees my wide 14s are crunching asphalt.

As someone who also has large feet, you need to move your foot back on the peg when cornering, to where it's mostly just the toe of your boot on the footpeg. Maybe hang off more to keep the bike more upright.

Back