Gen 2 front end on gen 1

Bankrupt

Registered
Could I remove entire front end from my gen 2 and install it on my gen 1? Would that be capable by removing this center nut on top of triple tree
9E37D686-2E90-4384-B1A4-A712D5ADEA1B.jpeg

D2A3F115-5AFE-4348-8EF2-7208610D5B94.jpeg

If I don’t get any replies , I’ll end up just going for it. It all looks the same but wanted to make sure.
So I haven't done it on a busa but did swap the front end on an old srad 600 with the front end off an 06 600 (think it was 06). The used the same bearings in the neck so it all fit just had to have the parts off the 06 like calipers, axle, clip ons, etc. Pretty sure I ran across a thread or twin in here where what your asking about has been dune and I think they said it was a direct swap.

So I haven't done it on a busa but did swap the front end on an old srad 600 with the front end off an 06 600 (think it was 06). The used the same bearings in the neck so it all fit just had to have the parts off the 06 like calipers, axle, clip ons, etc. Pretty sure I ran across a thread or twin in here where what your asking about has been dune and I think they said it was a direct swap.
That’s what it looks like but would feel more comfortable as I’ve never done this before. I just figured out of all these years I’m sure someone has tried and they have all the info lol. I shall wait and be patient

Even if the triples weren't a direct bolt on, everything else would slide right into the Gen 1 triples. Unless your gen 1 triples are harshed in some manner.

Could I remove entire front end from my gen 2 and install it on my gen 1?
if you get really ALL ! parts from the gen2 - yes
and all means even the lower yoke has to be changed (the tapered bearings are the same sized)
only the gen1 clutch ´n brake masters + both switches can stay
Would that be capable by removing this center nut on top of triple tree
for that question the best answer is to read (and follow) the fu..ing manual.
without the manual you´ll fail - my experiance ;)

So finally got around to swapping the front end the spline . So it matches up perfectly. Only difference is the dust cover under the main locking nut is bigger on the gen 1 . So you must use the original cover. Or vice versa. Simple swap. Went ahead and lowered the forks while I was at it. Cheers to whoever is in need of this in the future.

Back