Gen 2 completely shuts off

Busa_rez

Registered
My 2008 busa was doing fine but last night I got on it and pulled off which was normal then everything flickered and gauges reset but I never had to start it back up and it kept going and then it completely shut down for a second and then cut back on engine still running when I got back home it cut all the way off lights and all and I turned the key off and back on and nothing happened did it again lights came on and at one point the key was turned on and no lights was on but I tried to start it and everything cut in and it started I’m thinking it’s a short somewhere in the ignition

My 2008 busa was doing fine but last night I got on it and pulled off which was normal then everything flickered and gauges reset but I never had to start it back up and it kept going and then it completely shut down for a second and then cut back on engine still running when I got back home it cut all the way off lights and all and I turned the key off and back on and nothing happened did it again lights came on and at one point the key was turned on and no lights was on but I tried to start it and everything cut in and it started I’m thinking it’s a short somewhere in the ignition
Welcome, sorry to hear of your woes, it's never fun to meet a new member in these circumstances...

Any mods done to the bike? Are you the first owner?

I would say it is a connector either not fully connected or a wire worn through causing a sporadic short somewhere. Check your battery terminals, make sure they are clean and tight.

If this is the first time the bike has ever done this, it will be something simple.

Welcome, sorry to hear of your woes, it's never fun to meet a new member in these circumstances...

Any mods done to the bike? Are you the first owner?

I would say it is a connector either not fully connected or a wire worn through causing a sporadic short somewhere. Check your battery terminals, make sure they are clean and tight.

If this is the first time the bike has ever done this, it will be something simple.
It’s had some engine work done and no I’m not the first owner and yes it’s the first time it’s ever done it I’m going to go through and check connectors and ignition this weekend and I’m sure it’s something simple the first owner kept really good care of it and only one person at a shop done all the work on it

Check wires to regulator ,may be burnt out.(you will find the regulator at the bottom of the gen 2 just behind the rear shock ,the was also a recall for these

Back