Gen 1 Jump Start Mistake.....

instigator1225

Registered
so I purchased a 2005 as a track only toy. Got a good deal on it. Ran great and drove it up and down the road.

Brought it to my friends garage started changing out parts.

Well in my over helpful friends misguided judgement I believe I lost an ecu. They used a car jumper box to try and fire it without a battery in the bike. (I was out buying pizza and drinks for everybody for the night )

Fast Forward to the next day I slap a charged battery into it . It fires right up but now has a random mis fire and won't rev up and runs like complete crap.

Is there anyway to test the ecu? My gauge cluster is stuck at 1200 and seems to be 1200 above what it should be.

Thanks in advance guys

At idle what is voltage ? Most likely stator / charge system was damaged . When the ecu is damaged it usually won't start or run at all .

Now since parts were being changed go through and look @ everything else . connections , coils ,
Fuel injector plug connector . one thing off can cause issues .

Jump boxes generally are just a motorcycle sized 14 amp hour battery in a plastic case .

Now a battery charger with a start option will screw things up if that was used

Voltage didn't look bad

I will look into it more tomorrow

But a car jump box was used. Everyone just had momentary lapse in judgement as we all wanted to check the running condition and in our haste we messed up.

Idles "ok" but will "pop" through the exhaust randomly

Really hoping it's something dumb

Also no check lights at all

I ran across this video
It may help you narrow things down
If you put the bike into dealer mode you can see the error codes from the on board computer....it may help

Does the Gen II as well offer the process for dealer mode?

I ran across this video
It may help you narrow things down
If you put the bike into dealer mode you can see the error codes from the on board computer....it may help

Back