Gen 1 front wheel removal

1300newbie

Registered
Need some help...bearings in my front wheel are bad, have tried to get this wheel off for 2days now. I got it loose and now it just spins the whole axle when loosening the nut. Is there a certain sequence to removing the front wheel? Please someone help

When looking at the front from the front, leave the hex bolts tight on right side. Loosen the big nut with the tool after you loosen the hex bolts on the nut side. Once loose then loosen the other side, unscrew large nut and remove axle. Oh take the calipers off first and have bike on steering stand.

Keep the pinch bolts tight on the side with the female hex (axle), loosen the male hex (axle bolt) on the other side with a socket. I use the motion-Pro tool to stabilize the axle at the same time I loosen the axle bolt with a socket just in case the pinch bolts let the axle slip.

The 22mm hex on the MotionPro tool feels like it fits but it is actually the 24mm hex that fits tight. Test the fit the hex with your hand before using a breaker bar.

Back