Front Wheel removal help!

Items pointed out,, (just in case)

frontWheel.jpg

Try the edit button and I might leave you alone...maybe not :rulez:
Ok Rich, which is wrong? maybe I am not seeing it... the .5 nm missing?

page was caching or something, posts were not showing up at all... then wham all 3

Hey Rich...

Take a look at Mymasters post and pic (#17)

The nut is on the same side as mine...looks like I DID put it back together properly....:moon:

Ok Rich, which is wrong? maybe I am not seeing it... the .5 nm missing?

page was caching or something, posts were not showing up at all... then wham all 3

Yeah ya missed the .5ft lbs and I'm bored...so :moon: :moon: :moon:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

well tell ya what, next time I have a newton meter handy, I will send you a half... now go clean the garage....

Hey Rich...

Take a look at Mymasters post and pic (#17)

The nut is on the same side as mine...looks like I DID put it back together properly....:moon:

But is your wheel mounted the right direction :moon: :moon: :moon:

Thanks again everyone for your help. I did finally get the front off. :thumbsup: I ended up breaking my socket wrench in the process....I guess that's what I get for not using my breaker bar in the first place! Man, that sucker was on there pretty good...thought the bike was going to come up off the stands. Kind of strange seeing my bike floating on stands

FloatingBusa.jpg

The wheel AND the tire are directional...mjn has his wheel mounted aZZbackwards :poke:

I looked at the manual when I had my tires out on and it seems to me the only difference in the wheel is a different taper inside.
When the bearings spacer and seals are put in, there does not seem to be any difference.
When putting the new bearings in it helped to put then in in order that was stated in the manual, but the wheel is the same when done, both directions... no?

I looked at the manual when I had my tires out on and it seems to me the only difference in the wheel is a different taper inside.
When the bearings spacer and seals are put in, there does not seem to be any difference.
When putting the new bearings in it helped to put then in in order that was stated in the manual, but the wheel is the same when done, both directions... no?

They put a arrow on the wheel too for the direction of rotation.

Any suggestions on anything I should take advantage of having the wheels off...anything I should check out while they're off?

Any suggestions on anything I should take advantage of having the wheels off...anything I should check out while they're off?

Good chance to look at the brake pads up close.
I spray off the whole calper assebly to clean them with Brake Kleen when I do this.
You can try and move the front forks back and forth (front to back) to check the steering head bearing play.
Anything else?

I have never seen that.
Where is it exactly?

Look on the left side of your front wheel...there is one of the spokes
that has "Suzuki" on it along with a arrow pointing out the correct
direction to mount the wheel on the bike :thumbsup:

Back