Front Wheel removal help!

24MM hex or you can search the board for a homemade remedy involving a bolt and two nuts jammed together.
I went with the homemade remedy since I could not find any local.

Cycle Gear has the tool rubber2burn mentioned so I'm on may way to go and get that. What sucks about this is I was just there yesterday buying my new M3s. I could have gotten it then had I known...oh well. Thanks for all the quick responses...this org is great for that!

tool 005.jpg

If you have an Auto Tech for a friend, he will have an O2 sensor removal tool,
DSCN3629.JPG

i got mine off the snap on truck :)

And how much do they want for that? They seem to really like their tools. However, it is the best stuff out there, which is why I usually pay the extra money to get snap on. As of right now I own about $15,000 worth of snap-on stuff.

Well, I got my axle wrench tool. However, I can't for the life of me break that sucker loose! It is counter-clockwise to remove, isn't it? Any suggestions would be appreciated...thanks.

Hey to all.

Go to Home Depot and get a 5/8 inch threaded rod bolt (joins 2 threaded rods together).
It is about $1.50 and use a 5/8 socket on one end.
Perfect fit.

Sax: did you loosen the 2 pinch bolts on the side that the tool goes in?
It won't turn until you do.

DSC09992.JPG

Well, I got my axle wrench tool. However, I can't for the life of me break that sucker loose! It is counter-clockwise to remove, isn't it? Any suggestions would be appreciated...thanks.

Lefty loosey...righty tighty :thumbsup:

You have to loosen the two pinch bolts
on the side that the tool goes into. The
other side needs to remain tight until
you get it broken loose.

Torque Specs:

Front axle 100nm or 72ft lbs
Pinch bolts 23nm or 16.5 ft lb
Caliper mounts 39nm or 28 ft lb

frontWheel.jpg

Back