Gen 1 clutch problem

jlc

Registered
I bought my bike last fall and only rode it home about fourty miles then I parked it for winter just tried to ride it and it runs great but every time I try to put it in gear it jumps forward and dies I tried bleeding it but no air in system what should I go after next?

It sounds to me like your clutch plates are frozen (stuck) together.
Disassemble the clutch and free them up and reassemble.
Welcome along.

yeah kiwi

and @jlc

bath the driven plates in oil for an h or 2 before remounting em

sometimes the driven and drive plates in the clutch stick together (as we say here in germany they "glue")

or u got air in the hydraulic system - btw - the fluid should be changed every 2nd / 3rd year

I had same problem with my Gen 1 K2, left it on side stand for a week or so, and couldnt get it into gear, put it up on paddock stand and run it a few times { not putting into gear} and within a coulpe of days was ok, but! i then found out that the cover that holds the slave clutch cylinder had cracked, replaced that and was find afterwards...

I had same problem with my Gen 1 K2, left it on side stand for a week or so, and couldnt get it into gear, put it up on paddock stand and run it a few times { not putting into gear} and within a coulpe of days was ok, but! i then found out that the cover that holds the slave clutch cylinder had cracked, replaced that and was find afterwards...

did ya mount the bracket over the sleeve
like i described here ?

not yet? u should do to avoid any other cracks in the sprocket cover
(i suppose you use stronger clutch springs?)

Back