gearing

I suggest you hit up search..
wowold.gif

I ran 17/44, not enough gearing for a big guy, heres a video of it. you can see right at the end of 1st it dies off and picks back up

just finished putting a 16 tooth on it tonight, will see how it does this weekend

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran 17/44, not enough gearing for a big guy, heres a video of it. you can see right at the end of 1st it dies off and picks back up

just finished putting a 16 tooth on it tonight, will see how it does this weekend
Holy god thats a fat man on a Busa. Never picked his feet up?? he tryin to show off his slow speed???

You're going with a 16/44?! Most 1/4 racers I know run a 16/42.

I just installed a 43t Vortex Cat5 sprocket (17/43) which is the closest ratio, a hair above the 16/42.

Cat5RR_red_L.jpg

just bought a busa it has 17/43 gearing how is this for a street/strip set up or what do you guys suggest i change it to
All depends on how you ride...if you put on a lot of highway miles (cruising/trips) you'll want the OE 17/40 for the lower RPMs at 70-80 mph.

If you want to lighten your front end on acceleration then leave it at 43.

16/42 is the way to go, only about 160 on the top end. Any higher and you may hit the limiter in 6th in the 1/4 mile!!!!

That 16/42 gearing should stop the non believers in their tracks. I saw an article in one of the UK sports bike mags that put the stock geared Hayabusa last in a group of five or six other bikes for stop light to stop light racing. The Triumph Speed Triple got first. Now let's try that again! LOL

Back