gear indicator

so should i not waste the 40 dollars or whatever it is, and just solder it together? those are great pics. thanks a lot
Get the plug-n-play. What is your time worth? Also you don't have to cut your harness, which is a plus whenever possible! I have the same set-up and am looking to get the shift light to plugs into the other pigtail. Which is another bonus for the plug-n-play, it has the other plug ready for the shift light!
smile.gif

It's kinda up to you. TO solder it in place your not cutting the wires in 1/2 your just opening the the covering on the wire to expose some of the copper conductor. SO basically stripping it back some while not cutting the wire. Wrapping the DG8 wire around the bikes wire and solding it into place. THen heat shrink or tape it. If your soldering skills are questionable I would get the plug n play. In my case my DG8 is flush mounted in a custom box inside the "inner" dash panel. If I had the plug n play model I would not have gotten the wire thru the hole in the box. SO it depends on where your going to mount it. Think it thru first before you order. Color is just a preference.

JD

Back