gate spring identification

202mphbusa

Registered
Having a very hard time with identifiing the bag of springs that came with my Tial MVR 44mm gate
Yellow spring that is currently in the bike nets me ~5psi
I have also
short green
long small red
medium white
and two large uncolored one med and one large diameters
All the spring charts I find for the tial stuff doesn't show a yellow and ~5psi
nz-tial-mvr-wastegate-spring.png

I have a AMS1000
The "problem" is at Loring just the yellow spring is enough to over power the tire in first and second

That said I run higher pressure in my rear than some
and maybe I should start to look at rear tire warmers
That sounds like a good (fun) problem to have! Do you have any idea how much boost it's actually making in the lower gears? If you're not able to get it close to spring pressure, you might have a bit of a header design problem. I don't have any experience with the increase/decrease style boost solenoid. I've always controlled boost with the ECM using a 4 port solenoid and had great success.

If you have an air supply for your air shifter, could you use it with the AMS, instead of manifold pressure?

Last edited:
Yellow spring that has been in the bike since I got this gate generates ~4.8-5.1 PSI , spring is .4 bar ~5.88
No gate spring gets as low as 1.5 PSI ish

AMS1000 I use air off the Swingarm, I found using plenum pressure made the gate a bit lazier

why is one set of injectors not enough? people here run over 2000cc injectors just 4? im running 4 x 1300cc injectors in mine.
I have four 1000's
Even if I go with the 1300's that is enough fuel for just under what the turbo can do, with little or no buffer

I have four 1000's
Even if I go with the 1300's that is enough fuel for just under what the turbo can do, with little or no buffer
Ah okay, i didn't know how much boost you are aiming for, i know when I was running 20psi boost, with base fuel pressure at 43.5psi my 1000cc bosch ev14 injectors ran at about 90% duty.

Ah okay, i didn't know how much boost you are aiming for, i know when I was running 20psi boost, with base fuel pressure at 43.5psi my 1000cc bosch ev14 injectors ran at about 90% duty.
There are also other tricks like running higher base fuel pressure.

Back