Gangs... Whats the point?

MS13 are a different breed, if i remember correctly it's an EL Salvadorian prison gang that just spread like wild fire, it's a number of reasons for kids joining gangs, fear of the gangs, lack of family, the social structure of the environment, poverty, the need to be a part of something etc. Sometimes depending on the region or city kids can be pretty much born into a gang.

FYI, even the Crips or (Cribs) and the Bloods started out as community organizations or social clubs but along came the multi million dollar drug trade fueled by the CIA for the Contras and the supply of high powered weapons and everything changed look it up, (freeway Ricky Ross, Oliver North, CIA connection with inner cities and drugs) it's all there and no conspiracy theory.

Rap or so called gangster rappers are 0.1% of the problem, gangs existed long before Rap was invented and even then so called gangster rappers didn't appear until the 90's when big money came into play with the music scene. 50 is probably the worst example because those that know what he is about identify him more with being an incredible business man that stayed on the top of Forbes list making a killing with his investments especially ownership of Vitamin Water and Coca Cola's purchase of it (400 million for him), along with other business moves and his incredible marketing ability.

50 (Curtis Jackson) early music talked about his life as a hustler and being shot 9 times, his mother selling drugs and being murdered and the body burned but nothing about gangs (hustlers, crews and gang culture are different) his movie get rich or die trying was actually really good it was based on his life growing up a hustler.

Good to know... I never pay attention to 50 cause all I ever heard was how awesome he was for being shot and stabbed so many times.

Scary stuff. But real.

That poses a dumb question: Can a Busa outrun a bullet?

The answer coming up shortly....

How fast does a bullet travel from a .22, or a .357, or .45?
In MPH?
Strange question I know.

Depends on many factors including grain weight of the bullet, powder used, barrel length, temperature, humidity, amongst a few other factors.
With all that said, here are the averages:
22LR: 1300 fps (900 MPH)
357 Mag: 1450 fps (990 MPH)
45 ACP: 900 fps (614 MPH)

Scary stuff. But real.

That poses a dumb question: Can a Busa outrun a bullet?

The answer coming up shortly....

To answer... Average 9 MM is around 900-1100 FPS... We'll go low for the sake of this argument... 900FPS = 613.636 MPH

So, the answer to that question is, no... No it can not. LOL

You beat me to the answer... I had to find the conversion calculator for it. lol

exactly.....

people, mainly people of different generation have always pointed to the outside influences as the reason. its easy to point to the music, to point to the videos and mvies glorifying the lifestyle. not only is that silly, its dangerous. it ignores the legitimate and very real causes of these problems.... some are new, a result of broken homes and single parents households, and some like poverty, have been around since the dawn of civilization.

causes / reasons people join gangs:

1. safety
2. looking for family connection they do not get at home
3. identity
4. povert - lack of options and loss of hope

its not a coioncidence that children are most vulnerable during the early teen years. 13 - 16 years are tough times for young people. they are trying to find themselves, dealing with physical maturity and sexuality, questioning everything. this is also the time when parents care even les about them....this is when boys start drinking and joining gangs, trying to find family connections they lost or never had at all. girls usually start sleeping around, and dating the wrong types of boys. often times older guys, because they are trying to find a "father figure" to replace the one they lost or never had....

exactly.....

people, mainly people of different generation have always pointed to the outside influences as the reason. its easy to point to the music, to point to the videos and mvies glorifying the lifestyle. not only is that silly, its dangerous. it ignores the legitimate and very real causes of these problems.... some are new, a result of broken homes and single parents households, and some like poverty, have been around since the dawn of civilization.

causes / reasons people join gangs:

1. safety
2. looking for family connection they do not get at home
3. identity
4. povert - lack of options and loss of hope

its not a coioncidence that children are most vulnerable during the early teen years. 13 - 16 years are tough times for young people. they are trying to find themselves, dealing with physical maturity and sexuality, questioning everything. this is also the time when parents care even les about them....this is when boys start drinking and joining gangs, trying to find family connections they lost or never had at all. girls usually start sleeping around, and dating the wrong types of boys. often times older guys, because they are trying to find a "father figure" to replace the one they lost or never had....

Very interesting and Valid points.

i remember being that age, had lots of friends in the 7th grade.....8th grade we started finding our own paths. some went towards the gangs, some went to sports, some got into school.

sadly, some of the most pivotal events of my young life involved going to funerals of childhood friends.

its funny when you think of it......but some of the most important decisions you make in your lifetime can be as simple as who you choose hang out with on a friday night. the football team of the homies?

Back