Galfer Brakes SUCK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OB_Hayawoody

Registered
I bought a set a Galfer steel braided brake lines specifically made for the Hayabusa.After I removed the stock set, I find that they don't include any instructions at all. Thank god I've done this before, so I didn't need them but what about someone else less knowledgeable? Then I find out the longer of two lines the one thats supposed to go to the left caliper just fits and I mean just fits,no room to route through factory clips it fits almost like a steel rod to the master Then I find out that two of the banjo bolts theyv'e included are the wrong thread so I have too use my stock black bolts so I can put my bike back together! Now today I find out I can't install my Helibars because that one line is so short it won't fit! So now i have too take those pieces of s*hit off go and buy some other line that fit properly, and do this all over again! F*UCK THAT!I wasted a whole night getting jacked off!

welcome to the wide world of aftermarket parts. It makes your wonder if the manufacturer even tried their product on before they made them available.
There is always about a 60% chance that an aftermarket will fit without additional parts or fit right. The law of averages is in your favor but this time you lost. Mfg's need to understand that they can't get away with the s h i t they used to because of this here internet.
Jay R Hammock

Hayawoody,

"Then I find out the longer of two lines the one thats supposed to go to the left caliper just fits and I mean just fits,no room to route through factory clips it fits almost like a steel rod to the master"

Hope this was just a small mistake in your "story" but the long line all the way down from the master goes to the RIGHT caliper and the short line goes FROM the RH to the LH caliper!

Detective ANIMAL?

Hey guys com on give me a "brake" The box says dual line system from the master cylinder. The Busa stock brake system is cheap, it runs one line from the master to the right caliper, and then from the right caliper over the fender to the left, This lay-out is not the best brake system, but it' s cheap to build for Suzuki! The best system is to run each line directly from the master to each caliper, I'm sure you'll agree with me on that right?So i understand from my comments and the stock design and layout what you're thinking,about the lines and the length issues, if its only a stock replacement kit then yes your right!but thats not what i ordered from Galfer, and even the box is printed with that information on it! Dual line from the master cylinder, so one line still has to be longer , S*hit either way I got screwed!By them!and have to redo!!!

I have Galfer's front brake lines also but not installed yet,I'll remember the tip Animal. I guess the long line goes on first on the right side then the right to left lines go on top of that!!!! Right, Is it right or wrong?

Are the stock lines in US different to the ones over here then??

Does the line from the master cross to the left??

Here, master cylinder is on right handle bar, line goes straight down to right caliper and second line fits behind this banjo and across mudguard to left caliper (as stated by Animal)

curious Nuts ;)

RPM was posting the Goodridge hoses the other day with stainless everything, They are the ones I have and are F'ing excellent. dual line (2 from master cylinder) and there is plenty of slack (stainless braided teflon hoses I think.....look back about week)

go for these.

They are the Dogs Nuts ;)

Hayawoody,

That's OK man, it's just that your initial story didn't mention the "dual line from master" part and when reading it without that knowledge it gave the impression of you possibly having mixed things up as far as which line goes where and length problems.

Now that we know it all, it indeed sucks!

And, of course, there's no excuse for the wrong thread bolts anyway.

I know this is an old post, but F-ing A, do I have a problem with how Galfer advertises and markets these lines, it borders on the edge of false advertising.
I tried and tried to get both lines to route from the master cylinder, as their instructions say to do, only to find out today that its completely wrong. Not only that, I jacked up one of the banjos and the threading on my master cylinder trying to get it to seat.
What a mess, I'm never buying anything from this supposedly top notch company again.

Yup, I been saying they sukk for a while now. I use HEL! And I always order them +2.0" longer
beerchug.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back