Gage cluster swap

Bus Pilot

Registered
Hello to all. Just signed up. I wanted to know if there are any threads on swaping a Canada spec gage cluster with a US spec cluster. I recently bought a 2001 and when I took delivery, I found out it is a Canada bike. It had aftermarket speedo and tach gages faces on it but the odometer reads in kilomters and liters. I want to change over to a cluster that reads in miles and gallons. I have been told that a US spec cluster will plug in but need to know if it will operate properly before I buy one. Can anyone help?

It should. The only difference I know of is that the Canadaian models use the extra plug in the nose that the USA models leave empty.

Yes, they should work fine. I had a 2001 European Spec bike, I bought a US set of gauges and swapped them out without any problems. You could also run a speedo healer to make the corrections. If you can't find a set of gauges let me know, I think I still have a set or two.

welcome.gif

I have a US speedo. I bought my bike in California and since moved to Canada and swapped speedos. The speedo has about 18K miles on it. PM me.

Back