2005 cluster on 2000 hayabusa info?

hayabusapower

Registered
My buddy just finish rebuilding is bike, trying to fine a 1999 2000 cluster in KM/h is practically impossible. So he went with a 2005 cluster. My friend swap is 2000 speed face gauge on the 2005 cluster to get the old style top speed reading. Our question is will the 2005 cluster be compatible with the 16bit computer and will the speed be off?

2005 cluster will work just fine. ECU runs either cluster.

Speed will be off because the faces have changed. Just put the 320+ face up against the 280+ face and you'll see the difference.

2005 cluster will work just fine. ECU runs either cluster.

Speed will be off because the faces have changed. Just put the 320+ face up against the 280+ face and you'll see the difference.

My bubby installed the 320+ face on the 2005 cluster. We did put them next to each other and there is a difference. I think he needs a speed healer?

The speedometer is not controlled by the ECU. It is only controlled by the sensor on sprocket cover. The sensors are the same on all 1999-2007s (not sure about Gen IIs).

The stepper motor in the head unit is calibrated differently for the 1999-2000 models.

The Speed will be off but the Odometer will be correct (as correct as they ever are anyhow). You can correct the Speed with a speed healer but that will throw off the Odometer.

The speedometer is not controlled by the ECU. It is only controlled by the sensor on sprocket cover. The sensors are the same on all 1999-2007s (not sure about Gen IIs).

The stepper motor in the head unit is calibrated differently for the 1999-2000 models.

The Speed will be off but the Odometer will be correct (as correct as they ever are anyhow). You can correct the Speed with a speed healer but that will throw off the Odometer.

Do you have an idea how much the speed will be off?

Back