Fundamentals of Investment Banking explained.....

delboy

God save the Queen.......
Donating Member
Registered
Young Chuck moved to Texas and bought a donkey from a farmer for $100.00.

The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day.

The next day he drove up and said, 'Sorry son, but I have some bad news, the donkey died.'

Chuck replied, 'Well, then just give me my money back.'

The farmer said, 'Can't do that. I went and spent it already.'

Chuck said, 'OK, then, just bring me the dead donkey.'

The farmer asked, 'What ya gonna do with him?

Chuck said, 'I'm going to raffle him off.'

The farmer said 'You can't raffle off a dead donkey!'

Chuck said, 'Sure I can Watch me. I just won't tell anybody he's dead.'

A month later, the farmer met up with Chuck and asked, 'What happened with that dead donkey?'

Chuck said, 'I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at two dollars apiece and made a profit of $898.00.'

The farmer said, 'Didn't anyone complain?'

Chuck said, 'Just the guy who won. So I gave him his two dollars back.'

Chuck now works for Goldman Sachs. Oh so true :whistle:

Brilliant!

Along those lines (and completely off topic):

A young guy from Texas moves to California and goes to a big department store looking for a job. The Manager says, "Do you have any Sales experience?"

The kid says, "Yeah, I was a Salesman back in Texas."

Well, the Boss liked the kid so much, he gave him the job. "You start tomorrow. I'll come down after we close to see how you did."

His first day on the job was rough but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the Boss came down. "How many sales did you make today?"

Kid says. "One."

The Boss says, "Just one? Our sales people average 20-30 sales a day. How much was the sale for?"

Kid says, "$101,237.64"

Boss says, "$101,237.64? What in the Hell did you sell?"

Kid says, "First I sold this guy a small fish hook. Then I sold him a medium fish hook. Then I sold him a large fish hook. Then I sold him a new fishing rod. I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down at the coast so I told him he was gonna need a boat so we went down to the boat department and I sold him that new twin-engine ChrisCraft. He said he didn't think his Honda Civic could pull it, so I took him down to the Automotive Department and sold him that 4x4 Chevy Blazer."

The Boss said, "Let me get this straight...A guy came in here to buy a FISH HOOK and you sold him a boat and a truck?."

Kid says, "Nope, he came in to buy a box of Tampons for his wife and I said, 'Well, looks like your weekend is shot, you might as well go fishing!' "

Brilliant!

Along those lines (and completely off topic):

A young guy from Texas moves to California and goes to a big department store looking for a job. The Manager says, "Do you have any Sales experience?"

The kid says, "Yeah, I was a Salesman back in Texas."

Well, the Boss liked the kid so much, he gave him the job. "You start tomorrow. I'll come down after we close to see how you did."

His first day on the job was rough but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the Boss came down. "How many sales did you make today?"

Kid says. "One."

The Boss says, "Just one? Our sales people average 20-30 sales a day. How much was the sale for?"

Kid says, "$101,237.64"

Boss says, "$101,237.64? What in the Hell did you sell?"

Kid says, "First I sold this guy a small fish hook. Then I sold him a medium fish hook. Then I sold him a large fish hook. Then I sold him a new fishing rod. I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down at the coast so I told him he was gonna need a boat so we went down to the boat department and I sold him that new twin-engine ChrisCraft. He said he didn't think his Honda Civic could pull it, so I took him down to the Automotive Department and sold him that 4x4 Chevy Blazer."

The Boss said, "Let me get this straight...A guy came in here to buy a FISH HOOK and you sold him a boat and a truck?."

Kid says, "Nope, he came in to buy a box of Tampons for his wife and I said, 'Well, looks like your weekend is shot, you might as well go fishing!' "
:rofl:

Back