Full Exhaust System Install

Good question...is there a write up or pictorial/video for replacing stock exhaust systems with full systems/slip-ons/bolt-ons etc..????? For a Gen 1 by the way, IDK what year Jeremy283 is rollin though?

Hardest things are removing the plastics and moving/covering the radiator. After that it's cake. There are a few write-ups about the process on here with pics.

After you get the side panels off...remove exh from the back...the cans + brackets, mid pipes and then the header area. It is beneficial to tape cardboard on both sides of the rad + oil cooler (and get then out of the way). After you get the stock header off decide if you want to remove the pair valve items (if they are still there). On the install portion fit the header and leave loose and work your way to the back...when all fits well and does not hit or rub frame parts (like around the swingarm) begin to tighten it up. It may be a good idea to ride it around with the side panels off for a day or so and then retighten the bolts.

will i need to remove my mounting brackets from my t-rex no cut frame sliders?

after you locate where the headers mount to the engine, you will very quickly see that the slider mount can stay. Or if you're asking about fairing removal, then same answer.

Put a towel over the rear of the front fender when you move the radiator foward so the fender does not get damaged. Remove the rad. mount bracket's from the eng. and disconnect the coolant temp/fan switch so you don't damage the sensor or commector moving the radiator. I've got it down to an hour job by now. If you are hamfisted, put some cardboard over the eng. side of the rad. so you don't damage it.:thumbsup:

Its not that hard, for me the hardest part was tighting the screw by the engine and putting the springs on, not much clearance even with the radiator moved, but not that bad...

Back