Fugged up, did sump'in stupid

Mikey D

Registered
Had to wait till tonight, as I was shakin so bad when it happened.  Was unsure whether to post or not,  I know I'm gonna get chewed out, but I guess it'll be a penance for me, I deserve it.

I went for a ride last night.  Bout 12:30 in the AM, went to my most favorite of places, Tortilla Flats.  It's what I do when things don't go so well with the missus.  Yes I know, not good to ride when emotional, but it is how I unwind/ de-stress.  

I've been concentrating on trying to carry more speed into the turns, looking through the turns and leaning like I mean it.  It went flawlessly!  I think I have been riding better/faster/more consistantly than ever before.  I'll post a pict of the front tire soon.

Coming home from the ride I try to take it easy.  It is a 40 mph limit all the way from the twisties to home.  There is a favorite of mine that is a 2 mile straight stretch that ends on top of a hill at a 4 way stop.  No houses on either side, nothing but desert.  I can't help it, prolly hit 160 but only saw 150 on the clock as I was slowing.  I proceed from the stop at a more reasonable 70 or 80 and head home.  Just when I get to my left for the major street to my house, I see the gumball machine come on bout 1/2 mi ahead of me, and he (she?) turns around.  I make the left and am crusing at 60 - 70 and see a car make a left behind me, I am bout 1/4 mile down the road, the car came from the same direction as I was and I think I see the lights go on.  Even right now I can't say for sure that it was another Popo.

The only thing I am thinking is "I'm not getting a ticket tonight, especially for doing a buck sixety!", so I hammered it.  The sruface streets in AZ are mostly all straight, cept for this one.  It takes a large "S" curve which brings me out of the line of sight of the car behind me.  I go through the light (Yes it was green) and turn down a side street whick eventually leads me to my house.  Pull into the garage and shut her down.

Yup, I know it was stooopid.  Yes, I feel lucky to have gotten away, and gotten home without wrecking.  I am sorry to all the LEO on the site, it is not something I have ever done.  Like I say, I still don't know if it was 2 cops or even if the first one was turning around for me.

Let the chewing begin.

No chewing here. You had an opportunity to make a move and you did. I had one of those the other night.

Glad to hear your ok and didn't wreck... If I was you wouldn't make it a habit to run from the cops...
biggrin.gif

We'll forgive you if you go turn yourself in immediately.
wink.gif

J/K, man.
biggrin.gif
Hey, I don't flat out run but I couldn't count how many times I've evaded like you did. Haven't done it on the busa but plenty of times in my stangs and a few times in my '98 Trans AM. I'd evaporate on the busa if I were in the same circumstances you were in. If it came to the point that I was actually bein' chased I'd stop and take my lumps. If there's a good chance I could vannish without a trace before they're on me, it's SEEEEEEEEEEEE YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
wink.gif

Don't sweat it, bro. Just take it easy for a ride or two. They might be layin' up for any bike in that area for a while.
wink.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

From time to time we all have to make split-second tough decisions...I'm glad yours turned out OK...
Ride safe...

Your guilty...Guilty...Guilty...I say...Trun yourself in and pray for mercy from the court, which you will not receive!!!
biggrin.gif
...Couldn't pass that up...Look man you don't even know if it was the 5 0...Stop sweating it...From the sound of it with the exception of the speed (which I do not care to repeat) you simply took an alternate route home and you were in a slight hurry to get your bike in the garage...No big deal...Be careful cause if it were the PoPo they might have a B.O.L.O. out for your butt...
evil.gif

We'll forgive you if you go turn yourself in immediately.
wink.gif

J/K, man.
biggrin.gif
Hey, I don't flat out run but I couldn't count how many times I've evaded like you did. Haven't done it on the busa but plenty of times in my stangs and a few times in my '98 Trans AM. I'd evaporate on the busa if I were in the same circumstances you were in. If it came to the point that I was actually bein' chased I'd stop and take my lumps. If there's a good chance I could vannish without a trace before they're on me, it's SEEEEEEEEEEEE YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
wink.gif

Don't sweat it, bro. Just take it easy for a ride or two. They might be layin' up for any bike in that area for a while.
wink.gif
I never viewed vanishing as running. If they are behind You pull over if You can disapear do It.

wink.gif

wink.gif

Like others have said, glad you got away with it and are OK. I haven't done on the 'Busa, at least not yet, but if I knew the roads and felt like I had a good shot at getting away I would probably take it.

Your guilty...Guilty...Guilty...I say...Trun yourself in and pray for mercy from the court, which you will not receive!!!  
biggrin.gif
...Couldn't pass that up...Look man you don't even know if it was the 5 0...Stop sweating it...From the sound of it with the exception of the speed (which I do not care to repeat) you simply took an alternate route home and you were in a slight hurry to get your bike in the garage...No big deal...Be careful cause if it were the PoPo they might have a B.O.L.O. out for your butt...  
evil.gif
OK Stun-gun. I'm going over ther right now and...

no wait!

I guess I'm not.

You's guya have been pretty nice bout all this. I still feel kinda wierd/guilty. No I'm not sure if both of em were LEO's. Yes I'm glad it turned out OK.

I kinda like yer attitude, "I was just taking the scenic route!"

"Honestly officer I had no idea how fast I was going!"

"It's Suzuki's fault, they built this bike. She goes however fast she wants!"

"I was just compensating for the lack of curves in the road!"

I wouldn't feel guilty. Sounds like the chase hadn't officially started yet. They may have been looking to find you but it's not like you have to pull over and wait to see if they's chasin' you. I'm sure if they'd had you locked in you'd have pulled over.

One time, I was parked in a no parking zone on a steep hill. I see the cop pull up but then he starts blabbing on the radio. While he wasn't paying attention, I slipped into the car and laid low. Then, I released the parking brake and silently rolled away. I started her up and made a beeline for my house. Opened the garage with the clicker, got in, closed garage and looked out the window. No popo.

Just glad you made it home safely, bro. I never had a ticket on my bike, nor have I ever ran away from the Popo, so I guess I can throw all the stones.
rock.gif

J/k, bro...just real glad you made it home safely. Try to be a little more careful in the future, alright? If it gets real bad, just head out to a track and unwind as much as you want...at least you'll be safer there.

Stay safe, bro...

Hey Mikey -

If it were me and I ran (or percieved in my mind to run) from the police, I wouldnt be posting it on the board.

I mean, if I were a police officer and I perceievd smeone was running from me on a motorcycle and I really wanted to find the guy I would start reading motorcycle boards.

We had a guy in our town that was totally frustrating tyhe police, everytime they saw the guy he would run, they could never catch him.

They started going to all the motorcycel shops trying to find this guy or anyone that might know him.

Anyway, I aint going to say anything about you running, but I will say if you got away with something, just keep it to yourself.. And maybe close friends..

Just my .02

Back