fuel stabilizer yes or no?

NIGHTFLIGHT

Banned
winter hitting kind of late here in Southern IN.

JUST NOW REALLY GOT COLD.

Im no weather man but im figuring 3 months cold.

Can i get by without it mabe?

You could probably get by without it but..
Just go get some Sta-Bil, pour the prescribed amount in the tank FULL of gas, shake the bike back and forth a few times to stir it up, run the bike long enough to warm the motor up completely and get the gas/Sta-Bil mix in the injectors, shut it off, put the Battery Tender on it, sleep peacefully tonight.:thumbsup:

if it hits close to 48 I go ride just for sanity, battery, and fuel circulation.:thumbsup:

I would use it if I were you.
It doesn't cost much, and won't hurt anything.
Do a search and see how many guys have fuel troubles, from old or contaminated fuel or for whatever reason.
I use it and try and start my bike every 2 weeks when it gets warm enough to just run it.
Gives me peace of mind.

+1 i have been storing mine for three to four months and all i due is empty the tank not that it needs to but force of habit.

You would probably be better off keeping the tank full.
They rust, and then you do have a problem.

I stored a boat every year for 8 years from Sept to April, never a problem.
Always topped off the tank.
Lawn mowers always sit for 4-5 months, no problems.
Stabil would not make a dime if people did not use their product.
Fill the tank, keep the gas cap closed and don't worry.
You are more likely to have problems is the tank is left low or empty due to the rust that will form.
Stabil is cheap and if it makes you feel better use it, they will appreciate your money.

mucho gracias I know im starting it next week because im installng this lunchbox.
43502.jpg

Would have yesterday but feeling real sick food poisining i think.

I will spare you the details but was in bathroom 1/2 the night.:kungfu:

Last edited:
IMO no reason not to use it. Just one wasted afternoon tearing down the carb in my snowblower to clean out the gum from summer storage was sufficient for me to use it in everything I own. God help you if the injectors get gummed up.

I have read lots of these threads before. It seems good quality gas can last over a year without problems, then others run into trouble after several months. Why take the chance? The stuff is cheap. . .

If you're a TIG welder, just squirt some argon into the full tank and quickly close the cap. Unlike nitrogen, Ar is heavier than air, so it will just sit on top of the gas and keep the evil oxygen away. I've stire gas in Arizona heat for years like this w/no problems.

Also works good for opened paint cans. Reopen them years later and there's no skin on top.

added stabil to edger w/honda eng 25years ago, just started 1st pull.

Back