Fuel running issues on new gen3.

Very similar intermittent problem since getting her. Idles down to around 800 rpm’s on cold starts. The only way I’ve corrected it is short ride switch off while doing something and cranking. Definite gas smell. Let me know what they figure out. 34K miles on the bike now. I’ve assumed the ECU is holding an injector open. If I rev it up, gray/white smoke out the brake side exhaust.

I'd like to see the live data from the ECU at startup cold, .....coolant temp sensor data,
....Intake air pressure sensor data, ....throttle position sensor data, fuel pressure, also would be good to see the exhaust gas analysis showing O2 and CO content (percentage) when cold and also when at normal operating temperature and also see the charge rate in volts.

Amazing that Suzuki NZ/Colemans offered you a NEW bike to replace that one, most shops would just keep you coming back for further testing and evaluation etc, basically just wear you down til you give up and go away, OR trade it on something else.

Mike, don't you Ork landers have winter up there?
Shouldn't you have the Busa tucked away under a thermal blanket in a heated garage?
:poke:

View attachment 1668555
Cold start issues the bikes not mine, that what appeared consistent to fault, Suzuki Japan are now trying to replicate the fault over there. Anyway its their problem not mine now, dude I stayed in Anchorage for 9 months, Christchurch cold isn't even in the same ball park

I’ve had this issue, need to get it in, thx
In case you still have these issues, some results have come back from Suzuki Japan, even though they are still trying to replicate the fault over there on another bike. There seems to be a consensus opinion that it may be a dodgy ECU . Usually when I bike plays up , it comes up with a fault code. In this case the ECU may not detect the fault. Worth a thought.

Every now and then, nothing I can put my finger on; I crank the bike, it idles up for a second and then drops to around 800 rpm’s. It smells of gas and if left alone will die. If revved up there’s smoke out of the brake side pipe. I typically keep it running and ride up town @ 8 miles and eat. Come out cranks fine. I fell an injector is open, flooding a cylinder. Nearly two years 33K miles. His complaint makes me want to get it looked at, which is very inconvenient; I ride practically every day. It’s an intermittent issue. But maybe it’s time. Been curious about the ECU reset as well
another possibility is ( 1) dodgy coil/ lead . Suzuki Japan are at odds to what's causing it.

Recently I had my 2022 busa in for a running issue, it ran rough when cold , could smell fuel like it was flooding, when warm it ran rough ( sluggish throttle response) at low and mid range acceleration. After doing the 12k service where plugs were replaced with new ones, the problem continued, after a week it was diagnosed with a fuel sensor fault causing more fuel to be pumped into the injectors than required. It turned out that the sensor was faulty and there was problems with the fuel mapping. All covered under warranty. Point of not from Suzuki nz is that the gen3 runs richer than the previous models, running a high octane fuel especially if ethanol is added may cause running issues, so check with your respective shop/ mechanic and always ask your gas station when and how often they do a " water check " on their bowsers as required by laws applicable to your country, as its possible that water may get in to the tanks.cheers team ride hard
Mine was having issues going past 8k rpm, it would bog down and become restricted. They thought it was bad fuel but after draining the tank and cleaning the injectors, they have found that it does the same problem. They are going to dig more into the electrical and see if that is what is causing everything.

I am having the exact same problem. 16 000km when it started. Had it serviced at 17 400km hoping it's a dodgy spark plug, but problem persists. Using only 95 octane pump petrol. Local Suzuki still trying to figure it out along with Suzuki South Africa. Will be keeping an eye on this thread in the hopes that someone in the world reports when and how they were able to fix the issue.

Is the thing not still under warranty?

Do you have the "Lemon Law" where you are?

These are two things I'd be looking into with a new bike....

Both of the girls were stripped of the goodies, returned to standard and found new homes. Unfortunately if the issues keep happening, it’ll be traded on either a BMW or KTM.

Biggest disappointment was a collapsed wheel bearing 910kms on the clock.
front or rear bearing?

Every now and then, nothing I can put my finger on; I crank the bike, it idles up for a second and then drops to around 800 rpm’s. It smells of gas and if left alone will die. If revved up there’s smoke out of the brake side pipe. I typically keep it running and ride up town @ 8 miles and eat. Come out cranks fine. I fell an injector is open, flooding a cylinder. Nearly two years 33K miles. His complaint makes me want to get it looked at, which is very inconvenient; I ride practically every day. It’s an intermittent issue. But maybe it’s time. Been curious about the ECU reset as well
If you live in a colder climate and heat your garage from time to time, it will build condensation in the throttle body and under the valve cover/when you go to start it and it has all that moisture inside that's what happens... It will smell like it is flooded while trying to barely run and sputter and once it warms up and burns the moisture out and runs fine, Right?

If you live in a colder climate and heat your garage from time to time, it will build condensation in the throttle body and under the valve cover/when you go to start it and it has all that moisture inside that's what happens... It will smell like it is flooded while trying to barely run and sputter and once it warms up and burns the moisture out and runs fine, Right?
I live in lower SC, the problem seems to have cured itself or I fixed it when changing spark plugs. 38K miles now and hasn’t done this in a long time.

Back